Interviews

Nurses Career Support

Published

Specializes in med surg.

I think I've done pretty good with most of my interviews, I've been able to answer most of their questions. But what about the dreaded " why should we hire you? ". How do you answer this one ?

I think I've done pretty good with most of my interviews, I've been able to answer most of their questions. But what about the dreaded " why should we hire you? ". How do you answer this one ?

I think my most impressive attribute is that I stick around for a while. That's what I'd use if I were asked. Employers seem to appreciate my very stable work history.

Specializes in med surg.

Great suggestion!

Use this as an opportunity to communicate how you practice your craft, such as "I practice with accountability, integrity, respect, innovation, great listening skills, etc...". It's an opportunity to sell yourself. Discuss your strengths and weaknesses and mention plan to correct weaknesses. Create a short list and memorize it for yourself.

Specializes in Pedi.

I usually say some crap about how diverse my experience is.

Specializes in med surg.

Yeah unfortunately I have none. ☹️

We all have attributes. Give it some thought. Think about some of your natural talents, such as maybe you're compassionate, you may have the ability to communicate therapeutically. We all have something to give. Even you. Good luck.

+ Add a Comment