Dark Scrubs

Nurses General Nursing

Published

"Dark Scrubs" could be a thread inspired by the TV shows "Dark Shadows" and "Scrubs". Or, dark humor and Scrubs...

Dark humor is defined as "a humorous way of looking at something which is serious or sad".

I have dark humor for sure.

Good, Orion.

Because a post you submitted in the thread "Sharing Humor" is what really inspired this thread.

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
I once had a lovely LOL in LTC whose dementia was advanced to the point where she didn't really know where she was but thought she was on a cruise ship. Every morning and evening she would "Go out on the Lido Deck to take the air. When she would get ready to go for her evening stroll she would always stop by the nurses station and ask if the "Cabin Steward" could do turn-down service before she returned.

I really liked her.

Hppy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27135[/ATTACH]

I thought this was to be a discussion about what lint magnets dark colored scrubs are. But, they hide blood...

I admit I thought the same thing. I'm glad I clicked on the thread though..I am kind of proud that one of my earlier posts was worthy of a Davey Do cartoon!

Thank you for your appreciation, kbrn. I do think a couple of your posts inspired cartons. Some people are just easier in which to play off.

Sometimes I have trouble deciding which tact to take in responding to a post with a cartoon.

Take Emergent's post, for example. I took the "lint" theme and posted a pic of a photo of an artist friend and me with a humorous referral to lint.

I could have taken the "dark scrubs... hide the blood" tact:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27136[/ATTACH]

Or, I could have taken a different tact on the "lint magnets" theme:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27137[/ATTACH]

Ya know?

That's actually pretty awesome. If a person has to be stuck in a delusion it's not a bad thing for the delusion to be so much better than reality. Given a choice would you knowingly live out the rest of your days on a lovely cruise ship or in a nursing home? Good for her dementia brain for making that choice for her.

You're right, kbrn- it would be much better to be stuck in a delusion which is easier to take than reality.

I mean, what if she were stuck in the delusion that she was still in nursing school?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27138[/ATTACH]

M'kay. I thought I had a dark sense of humor. Over the top for me.... but you all enjoy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27141[/ATTACH]

Oh mannn....I thought I'd go with a lighter story, but I've got much darker ones. I present to you my sliding scale of "healthcare dark humor stories":

*Edit* Sorry for the giant image - can't figure out how to re-size it :bored: . Also note all names have been changed to protect the innocent and appease the HIPPA gods.

Well lookie there!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27142[/ATTACH]

patient: "no it's not, someone stole your body."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27143[/ATTACH]

Ok, Ok, you got me. But to be fair, I EARNED that oven: have you ever tried to remove an oven that was embedded in a wall?! With a sleeping resident 3 feet away?

And I left her a very nice window too.

When everything's been said and done...

Well, you know.

Specializes in Mental Health, Gerontology, Palliative.
I'm just here for the comments. :whistling:

I'm here for the students and beautiful young nurses. They taste good with ketchup:yes:

I'm here for the students and beautiful young nurses. They taste good with ketchup.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27272[/ATTACH]

The vast majority of my cartoons are based on reality.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27273[/ATTACH]

+ Add a Comment