Nursing schools in Colorado?

U.S.A. Colorado

Published

1. Are my stats competitive?

Yes
      Maybe
      No

2 members have participated

Hi so I am a student from California who finished 3 years of college. I've been applying for a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing for the past 2 cycles and I've been rejected from all the schools I've apply to (all in California) so now I'm trying to expand my search since I feel like I'm wasting my time as a newly switched Health Science major student.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me schools to look into in Colorado.

These are the stats for the pre-requisites for Californian schools (i don't know if it's the same for schools in Colorado:

My science GPA (anatomy & physiology, microbiology): 3.13

My non science GPA (english, communication, psychology, philosophy, statistics): 3.48

Current overall GPA: 3.59

TEAS: 86.7

HESI: 86.7

I'm so sorry to hear about your rejections to BSN programs in California. :( My husband and I can definitely relate. In the early 2000s, in hopes to avoid the high competition for nursing programs and high cost of living in Southern California, we packed up and moved to Grand Junction in Western Colorado. Things may have changed between then and now, but we were accepted our first try for the BSN program at Colorado Mesa University. We had such an amazing education there. The instructors, the campus, the clinicals, everything was top notch.

We were only planning on staying in Grand Junction until after we graduated, but we ended up loving the town and we both got jobs at St. Mary's Regional Hospital before we even graduated. The downtown Main Street is amazing. The scenery is stunning. It gets hot in the summer, and cold enough for a little snow in the winter. We ended up staying over 6 years before moving back to California to be closer to my mom. We highly encourage you to check it out!

Good luck!!

Hi nursing-friend!

Thank you for commenting! Did you or your husband consider any other universities?

You're so welcome! No, actually, we didn't! We knew we wanted to be in Western Colorado, and Colorado Mesa University (called Mesa State College at the time) was the only one! Made that easy! :)

+ Add a Comment