Accounting to Nursing

Nurses Career Support

Published

Hey everyone, so I'm going through a career dilemma here. I've been out of school for 2 years and working as an accountant. I've been having a hard time securing my first big job. Most accounting firms hire on campus and it's very competitive. I feel like the market is overly saturated. There are to many accountants. I worked for small firms these past few years and didn't like it since there is no room for advancement in these firms. My options are either study for cpa and Hope I could get a good job or jump ship and Pursue A new career in nursing.

Specializes in Nursing Professional Development.

Do you actually like the work of accounting? Is it just that you have had trouble on the market without your CPA ... or does doing the work of a nurse really interest you?

If you are simply frustrated with the fact that you are not being successful in a competitive job market for accounting, and you actually like the work of accounting ... I would think that it would be a lot easier to get your CPA than start all over again in nursing. What has prevented you from taking the CPA test? (My sister-in-law is a CPA, as are a couple of her family members. I don't know that much about it, but I know they all get their CPA's right after college.) What interests you about the work of nursing?

+ Add a Comment