Financial Aid or Grants, PMHNP working as an RN Full Time?

Nursing Students Post Graduate

Published

Specializes in ER psych.

I am an RN working full time in the ER. I want to go back to school in San Diego, CA to get my psych NP (PMHNP) part time. I think I earn too much money for financial aid? I was curious if there are any programs like scholarships, loans, etc. that I can apply for that will help me to pay for graduate school? I plan on working part time in order to pay for living expenses and to keep my "in" at the hospital.

I'm not looking for a free-ride, but maybe a loan that I can repay or a grant? Considering I want to get into a highly underserved specialty, I would think there'd be something out there to help.

Thanks.

Drexel has discounts of up

To 30% and you can get financial aide still. It's a tough program but worth it

Specializes in Psych/Mental Health.
I am an RN working full time in the ER. I want to go back to school in San Diego, CA to get my psych NP (PMHNP) part time. I think I earn too much money for financial aid? I was curious if there are any programs like scholarships, loans, etc. that I can apply for that will help me to pay for graduate school? I plan on working part time in order to pay for living expenses and to keep my "in" at the hospital.

I'm not looking for a free-ride, but maybe a loan that I can repay or a grant? Considering I want to get into a highly underserved specialty, I would think there'd be something out there to help.

Thanks.

I think you can still get financial aid (loans) even if you have a high income. Nursing schools rarely ever give out scholarships. You might have better luck getting scholarship from your hospital.

There's Nurse Corp scholarship (but if you work full time you might make too much) and NHSC Loan Repayment program after you graduate if you're willing to work for an underserved area for 2 years.

It tends to depend school. But with affiliation of places will give you 25% discount. Then you can look up scholarships. Plus they qualify for loans (federal)

+ Add a Comment