Kind of scared right now

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

*Admin please do not post on Facebook*

Got into a meeting with teachers and bosses, basically put we have a student was reported for threats, but none of them were true.

We have a police officer here and the student reported was told to stay home while we investigate. I'm just worried more about him than me, since he's also suicidal and depressed. He's already tried to kill himself, almost succeeding in one but brought back.

Things are scary right now and I'm hoping things go well until the end of the year, but man... the world is f**** up lately.

If officers are brought in he will hopefully get help, and the referrals he needed.

It is scary. And very sad.

All we can do is try to help these kids when we can, and live OUR lives the best we can, every day.

If officers are brought in he will hopefully get help, and the referrals he needed.

It is scary. And very sad.

All we can do is try to help these kids when we can, and live OUR lives the best we can, every day.

I agree, it's sad and scary.

Update: So he's coming back because there's no new suspicions on threats or anything. But he's incredibly sad and hurt, by what our AP told us. We were told we have to be kind with him and no calling out on anything because he's extremely sensitive. I just hope he does better and he feels more welcomed here, because I do care about my students.

I know it's totally cliche to say, but it is SO HARD to be a kid these days. I am 44, so grew up in the 80's, college in the early 90's. I cannot imagine having to deal with all the technology and social media, the constant need to check statuses, who is doing what with whom, etc. I find myself checking my own phone constantly and it is such a terrible habit. And even as a full grown adult, I catch myself seeing pictures of "friends" posting things and for a minute, and sometimes longer feel left out of the group, or envious of the new yacht, fancy vacation, etc. These kids are growing up in a time when 99% of their social interactions are through a social media outlet. Everything is fake, they have no model to learn how to interact socially in real life. The pressure they must feel is beyond anything I can imagine. It is also so much easier to totally isolate yourself by way of video gaming, computers, etc. Technology has made it so one never needs to leave the house. Ever. Scary times.

I know it's totally cliche to say, but it is SO HARD to be a kid these days. I am 44, so grew up in the 80's, college in the early 90's. I cannot imagine having to deal with all the technology and social media, the constant need to check statuses, who is doing what with whom, etc. I find myself checking my own phone constantly and it is such a terrible habit. And even as a full grown adult, I catch myself seeing pictures of "friends" posting things and for a minute, and sometimes longer feel left out of the group, or envious of the new yacht, fancy vacation, etc. These kids are growing up in a time when 99% of their social interactions are through a social media outlet. Everything is fake, they have no model to learn how to interact socially in real life. The pressure they must feel is beyond anything I can imagine. It is also so much easier to totally isolate yourself by way of video gaming, computers, etc. Technology has made it so one never needs to leave the house. Ever. Scary times.

I agree with this. I grew up in the 90s and I didn't have this much tech as a kid.

I forgot to mention I'm in Houston and a lot of schools lately have been on edge. School districts are thinking of implementing a No back pack rule, ours is doing it for the last week and possibly next year for the school year.

I forgot to mention I'm in Houston and a lot of schools lately have been on edge. School districts are thinking of implementing a No back pack rule, ours is doing it for the last week and possibly next year for the school year.

Wow!!

+ Add a Comment