youtube Crash Course

Nursing Students General Students

Published

I have been trying to get a jump on my nursing education. I found a channel called Crash Course. I find it helpful. Has anyone else used this channel? I was wondering if there a specifics I should study for before I begin classes. Thank you.

Crash course is great if you need a refresher of something - the A&P section is wonderful if you're needing a bit of a reminder as to how things work.

I remember in a previous post you said that you wanted to go for your LPN license, so I'll suggest the following -

https://allnurses.com/pre-nursing-student/master-your-drug-1148937.html - Scroll down to the first comment and there's a download link to bjwojcik's dosage calc book. It's amazing and getting a headstart on the math will serve you later.

Next - if you're after a refresher for A&P, or if you've got some time to teach yourself the basics:

Openstax.org has an awesome A&P textbook that covers everything that you'd normally cover over college A&P 1&2; plus, it's 100% free:

OpenStax - You can download the pdf and view it on your pc, or even add it to itunes and read it on a tablet if you're tech savvy.

Khanacademy has started developing their science section - they have a bnch of awesome stuff under their 'Health and medicine' tab -

Khan Academy | Free Online Courses, Lessons & Practice - Make a free account to track your progress! :) ...Collecting badges may be addictive. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Good luck! Don't worry about not knowing alllll the things right now :D

WOW, I didn't expect all this information. Thank you. Truth be told, the last time I took A&P was in the 7th grade. Ever since I got the nursing bug, I;m really into it now. That being said, do you have any other resources that you can provide? Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply - been swamped with school/work and this thread escaped me.

For A&P, stick to A&P-1 type topics (bones, location of muscles, blood vessels, and tissue types). Try to start getting these down and don't worry too much about the physiology side of things until you hit class (unless you're doing fine understanding the info in the book, then rock on!)

I think MedCram on youtube has a bunch of videos too!

You can always grab a copy of Netter's Anatomy Coloring book on amazon, and a biiiig pack of crayolas. Don't laugh, but the coloring really helps some people to learn! It makes you slow down and focus, and that really helped me to memorize the crazy amounts of stuff in A&P1 & 2

THANK YOU SO MUCH. AND I will order that coloring book!!!!!!!

+ Add a Comment