Valencia Fall 2018 Application

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

I recently submitted my application for the Traditional Program at Valencia. I'm hoping to be admitted this Fall! Anyone else apply or are planning to apply for the Fall semester?! My advisor told me not to get my hopes up as I probably won't be admitted until Spring due to a semester of "processing". But to my knowledge, there is an entire summer semester in between Spring/Fall! Has anyone heard of this?

My email did not specify which program for my application.

When you got the email confirmation that your application was received for the evening program, did it say "your application for AS: NURSING PROGRAM evening/weekend was received" or did it just say "your application for AS: NURSING PROGRAM application was received." I'm really curious to whether they clarify the time of the nursing program.

Hi I also applied for Valencia last week.

Do you know how is the shedule for evening and weekend program?

I don't know how the schedule will be for Fall, but the Summer schedule for Nursing 1 used to show from 6-10 a couple nights, 6-9 one night and I think it was all day Friday and/or Saturday. I don't remember exactly. They had it posted a couple of months ago but if you go look now, you won't see anything for Nursing 1 for the Summer. So, I am not sure if they will continue that for the fall or not and I am not even 100% that is what it is for this Summer - I am just going by what the Valencia course schedule showed.

I emailed my advisor and he said that the schedule for the evening program will be M-W 6pm-9pm, T-TR 6pm-10pm and clinicals Friday and Saturday. He also said that the daytime applications will be reviewed first before the evening applications. Hope that helps!

Thank you! That is very helpful.

Did you happen to see in the Fall course credit schedule for Nursing I that the evening times are M, W 6-9 and Sat 8-6? They have all the Nursing I courses for only 3 days/week- 2 days are 1/2 days and a 10hr day which I assume is lab/clinical (it was two long days 9-4 before - making it 4 days/week).

I thought VCC was competitive like SCC?

I am not sure how SCC is but for Valencia as long as you meet the minimum requirements, you will be accepted. It's first come, first serve regardless of how high your GPA or TEAS are. As far as I understand, if the semester you are applying for fills up, then you are considered for the following semester. I am not 100% on how they handle that though. This is for the traditional RN program. I am not sure how the Concurrent program is and I know the LPN to RN is a point system.

Did any of you get accepted for the summer term? I applied to the daytime and evenings/weekends program for the upcoming term. If you did get accepted, how long after the priority application deadline did you hear back about your acceptance?

Did any of you get accepted for the summer term? I applied to the daytime and evenings/weekends program for the upcoming term. If you did get accepted, how long after the priority application deadline did you hear back about your acceptance?

Most of us got accepted I believe and it took me around 7 weeks to hear back. Beginning of the 7th week

Thank you so much! Did you so the daytime program or the evenings/weekends program? What is the weekly class schedule like?

Thank you so much! Did you so the daytime program or the evenings/weekends program? What is the weekly class schedule like?

I'm in the daytime program. I have class from 9-11:50pm M-W, 8:00-6:00pm on Thursday

+ Add a Comment