Soy Sauce??

Nurses Recovery

Published

Specializes in Med/Surg & Psych.

ok, so I'm pretty diligent about what I put in my mouth I read all the labels and eat what I feel is safe.

I've never really use soy sauce is a condiments even when I eat Chinese food but I am trying a new recipe tonight and it requires soy sauce. I've seen many posts about not being able to eat soy sauce because of the alcohol test I went to the store and looked at the ingredient label in the soy sauce the bottle that I bought has water, wheat ,soybeans, salt and lactic acid in it no mention of any alcohol.

Do most soy sauces have alcohol in it? is it the soybeans that will cause you to test positive? I just want to make sure before I use it

Thanks all!!

There is no alcohol added to soy sauce, but the process to make it involves fermentation, which produces small amounts of alcohol that remain in the sauce. I have no idea whether it would be enough to show up in a test (or how much soy sauce you'd have to ingest in order for it to show up).

I've seen that too, but I've never avoided soy sauce myself. I don't use it often, but I have used it multiple times in a marinade for home made beef jerky. So the beef is sitting in that marinade for 24 hours before it's dehydrated into jerky, and soaking it up...still no problem.

I've seen that too, but I've never avoided soy sauce myself. I don't use it often, but I have used it multiple times in a marinade for home made beef jerky. So the beef is sitting in that marinade for 24 hours before it's dehydrated into jerky, and soaking it up...still no problem.

Thank you!! I went ahead and threw it in the crock pot. Now I'm gonna eat it! í ½í¸

I'm years into the program right now.

I've ate a poppy seed muffin the day before a test, eaten a giant container of vanilla extract filled ice cream the night before a test, covered my body in that 70% ethyl alcohol sunscreen the day before a test, and eaten dishes that I covered with soy sauce the night before a test.

I can't say that I'm very wise for doing those things while in monitoring; however, I can say that I've never had a false positive. Some nurses who can't simply admit they're drug addicts like me fill these forums with hysterical posts that freak everyone out. "I ate shrimp at a restaurant and tested positive for cocaine, meth, and pot! What should I do?" LoL please.... Enjoy your food.

OK Uncle JoJo...

I know that there are folks trying to "game" the system. But you are really NOT helping the situation for those who are really worried about false positives!!! There have been multitudes of reports of false positives after eating weird things! We aren't talking about the person actually drugging and drinking, we are talking about those who accidentally ate or drank a substance that would cause a positive. Just because YOU were able to skip out doesn't mean that there are no true false positives!

You're right.

Sorry. After a few years this program really gets to you, ya know?

+ Add a Comment