Gonzaga University/Sacred Heart Medical Center CRNA Program 2019

Nursing Students SRNA

Updated:   Published

Specializes in CRNA.

New thread since I misspelled the title last time.

I know the application deadline isn't until September 1st but has anyone started applying for Gonzaga for 2019? I just passed my CCRN in the last two weeks so I'm starting to get all my information together for the application. Almost 3 years RN, almost 2 years in ICU, BSN, BLS/ACLS/PALS, CCRN, taking the GRE on Saturday (not needed for Gonzaga but for other schools I'm apply to), 3.18 overall GPA, 3.79 science GPA, 3.64 GPA in my last 100 hours.

this is a smaller program. their passing rate is super high- 100% since 2001. i heard it was very competitive. I submitted my application two months ago. Still waiting to hear from them.

Specializes in CRNA.

Yeap, very small program. They accepted 8 when they were an MSN and 10 when they went to DNAP. They are now up to 12 per year. I would love to get an interview with them but realize that it might be a long shot. I'm applying to 5 programs that will start in 2019.

Specializes in CRNA.

I've submitted my application and just have a few more things to tie up before everything is complete. I just need to send in my transcripts, need one of my references to finish the letter of recommendation, and submit my shadow exerience after I'm in done in the next few weeks. Anyone else going to be applying?

Specializes in CRNA.
this is a smaller program. their passing rate is super high- 100% since 2001. i heard it was very competitive. I submitted my application two months ago. Still waiting to hear from them.

The deadline for applications for the cohort starting in 2019 is September 1st. You aren't going to hear back from them until after the deadline passes--last year it was mid-Sept.

Specializes in CRNA.

Also, I forgot to mention-I am also currently working on my application. I probably won't submit until end of July though. :)

Specializes in CRNA.

Just wanted to see how everyone was doing with their application. I have everything officially submitted and it will be going to review now. Hoping that my stats are good enough that I can get an interview.

Specializes in CRNA.

still working on mine, and waiting for 2 more LOR. 66 more days until the deadline!

Specializes in CRNA.
Also, I forgot to mention-I am also currently working on my application. I probably won't submit until end of July though. :)

I was looking back through the previous years Gonzaga thread and saw that you had applied, interviewed, and then were waitlisted. Can you give any insight on the interview process and what yours stats are?

Specializes in CRNA.

I have been in a MICU for about 2.5 yrs, and a nurse for the same amount of time. My overall science GPA is 3.74, overall GPA is the same. I got a 3.91 in my nursing program. The interview consists of 3 different interviews with 2 interviewers per session. 2 of the sessions are behavioral and get to know you questions, 1 session is a mock code scenario. Everyone was very nice last year.

Specializes in CRNA.

Figured I should bump this thread since the deadline is at the beginning of next month. How many are applying? How many have completed their application? I have mine completely done and it has gone before the selection committee but I know that I will not know anything until after September 1st.

Specializes in CRNA.

Bumping this thread. Just 3 days to get your applications in. Looking forward to connecting with people that get interviews.

+ Add a Comment