Riddle me this Batman?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

How is it that 100 Glipizide 10mg tablets runs around $40.00 but if I buy it off the veterinary website it only costs $14.00. Same drug, Same Manufacturer, Same dose and I don't need a prescription to buy it.

Specializes in Cardio-Pulmonary; Med-Surg; Private Duty.
CelticGoddess said:
My daughters cat is on prozac (She has kitty ADHD and anxiety, just like her girl) and it cost us less to buy the human version (generic) than it would for our vet to order it and provide it. Things are weird like that.

Our pharmacists laughed when she saw the script. She found it amusing.

My rescue black Lab is on Prozac and Xanax. Both super-cheap generics at the Sam's Club pharmacy (which you don't need to be a member to use, by the way).

I always crack up when I have to get a witness to waste half of a 0.25mg Xanax at work for some little old lady whose dose is 0.125mg. Dogs metabolize Xanax differently, so my 65-pound dog's prescription is 2mg Q8H PRN. I have to get a witness to waste a tiny crumb of Xanax, while I have an entire bottle of 90 tablets of 2mg tablets at home on my kitchen windowsill!

(My 95-pound chocolate Lab can have a whopping 4mg Q8H!!!! Thank goodness he's as mellow as they come and he doesn't need to be drugged for much of anything!)

hmmm... do they give dogs Vyvance because that crap costs more than my car note.

+ Add a Comment