Greenwood what floor?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I am from Greenville, SC new to the Greenwood, SC area. I have been offered a 7p-7a position RN at Self Regional on both 4th floor or tower as they call it or on the 6th. I need advise on which one to choose. I enjoy surgery and med surge actually really all areas but I am torn. I prefer not to much drama or cliqueyness!!

Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.

Are you sure you want to tell everybody exactly where you're from? And exactly where you'll be working?

Not really sure why it would matter about that no one knows me and I have nothing to hide!

Specializes in Private Duty Pediatrics.
Not really sure why it would matter about that no one knows me and I have nothing to hide!

A year or so ago, a company asked Allnurses to identify several nurses. I don't remember the full story, but I guess the company didn't like what the nurses had said. Allnurses refused to identify the nurses. It was a pretty big deal.

I'm guessing that a person who wanted to identify you could do so with the information you've given. It's up to you whether to be anonymous, as most of us are, or to identify yourself.

It can be a pretty big deal.

Specializes in Pedi.

You may not think so but I doubt you'll find anyone to specifically chime in and say "yes, I work on this floor. My name is Betty Smith. I've been there for 10 years and I recommend you stay far away" or anything like that. People like to preserve their anonymity around these parts. Who knows, nurse managers from those floors could be lurking around and could talk to each other and figure out who the nurse they both offered a night shift position to is.

Ok thanks for y'alls suggestions!!

+ Add a Comment