MD Anderson Research Residency Summer 2018

Nurses Career Support

Published

I recently submitted an application for MD Anderson's Research Nurse Residency for the summer cohort.

Starting this thread to see if anyone has heard anything and if anyone has heard anything about the program.

I am extremely interested in pursing a career in research and this position would be perfect.

No, not yet CJack82. I keep going online to check the status of my app. but there has been no change. Keep us posted if you hear anything. Good luck!

I am looking to apply for the Spring 2019 position. Was there a specific place the listings were when y'all applied? Thank you!

I initially found the listing on indeed I think. But when I went to MD Anderson's career site, it was listed there.

Any word? I really need to know ASAP b/c if I get the position I need to move my family to Houston. I kinda feel like it's too late to get the logistics done. I would have no other reason to relocate to Houston.

Kenya, I still haven't heard anything either. My application has said "under review" since July 9th.

I just checked and I wasn't selected for the program. Looks like the last update was 9/14/2018. Did anyone else get in?

I was accepted for the Research Nurse Residency for Spring 2019. I start in March.

Jules81 that is awesome, congrats!

Did you know someone or did you have previous healthcare/nursing experience?

I do not have previous healthcare experience but I do have previous research experience. I know people who work there as acquaintances but no one I listed as a reference or who put in a word for me. I didn't even tell anyone other than family I had applied there. I didn't want to ever think I'd gotten a position only because I knew someone rather than because I was a good nurse.

What a great opportunity and best of luck. I hear you, I want to know that I earned a job myself based on my skillset not who I know.

That's AWESOME! I didn't even see a posting for spring 2019. Best wishes to you.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:24 PM, Jules81 said:

I was accepted for the Research Nurse Residency for Spring 2019. I start in March.

Hi! I just accepted a position for MD Anderson Research Nurse - GI Medical Oncology starting July 18th! I wanted to see if you had any feedback on the position or any advice for me? Pros? Cons? Work/life balance? Remote working? What to expect? 

Thank you in advance!!

3 Votes
+ Add a Comment