LAC+USC pay potential?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Hi, I'm an RN with under 1 year experience who just got hired into a specialty unit at LAC USC. I currently work at a pretty high paying hospital for new grads (in the 50s), and will be staying per diem there. Oddly enough i don't know the pay rate yet at LAC USC, as the HR office is hard to reach, but I'm assuming it's on the lower end. I got hired on as an RN1 Full Time benefitted "Class A". My question is about pay POTENTIAL over time. I'm okay with starting low, & taking a large pay cut because I appreciate the opportunity to get trained in specialty as a newer nurse and actually like the county environment & teaching hospitals in general. I would, however, like to get an idea of the earning potential after i get that one year experience. Would anyone mind sharing the pay rate for a new RN (NOT relief or temporary), and also if you've worked at county for a few years - would you mind sharing whether the earning potential grows quickly or slowly? Thank you!

All of the LA County Hospitals pay the same!

38 dollars a hour, full time day shift. And evening and night time shut differential.

Per diem 49 dollars day shift, 50-51 dollars evening diff.

Do you work at Kaiser Permanente? If so they pay 44 dollars for new grad once they become full time.

+ Add a Comment