ASU vs University of Arizona Psych DNP

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I currently have been accepted to both ASU and University of Arizona Psych BSN to DNP program and I'm so excited! But I am also torn between which would be a better choice for me. I know they are both good schools. I'll start with ASU first. ASU is a hybrid online course which requires its students to travel to campus three times a semester. They also help you with finding preceptors within Phoenix. Because I live in Tucson they said I have to try to find my own preceptors but honestly I'm totally willing to commute to Phoenix if I have to. After all, a lot of students from Phoenix commute to Tucson and vice versa. The only bad part is I'm about 2.5 hours far from it. So I don't know if I should move to Phoenix my second year where clinical will be extensive (which may suck because I'll be farther from my husband) or get a hotel couple days a week? ASU is a bit more expensive then U of A but I like the fact that you get the chance to meet with students and preceptors more throughout the year on campus. I also learn best in person and being hands on then all being 100% online. I will do my best to find preceptors by myself but I also like that backup of them being able to find me one in Phoenix. I also heard a lot of good things about ASU program. I haven't really heard anything bad. But does anybody know if they also focus on therapy as well?

U of A is also a great school. I know they have RISE which you get to show your skills. I don't believe they help you with preceptors which kind of sucks in this case. But it is cheaper. And it's definitely closer to me and makes commuting a lot easier. It is 100% online and I know they give you an advisors to help you throughout the program. I just feel like the 100% online may be harder for me because I have to teach myself. I'm not sure if they teach classrooms via chat or Skype? I heard from the students that U of A is also very well organized. Any suggestion regarding your experience or knowledge of which one may be better choice for me would be greatly appreciated!:)

What do you end up doing?

+ Add a Comment