Converting to an eNLC license

U.S.A. Georgia

Published

Specializes in EMS, ED, Trauma, CEN, CPEN, TCRN.

For those of you keeping up with the process, the application to convert your Georgia RN license to a multistate eNLC license is now available on the Georgia BON website. The first thing you need to do is pay for fingerprinting and have that done before you submit your application with the BON - they recommend 48 hours, but quite honestly I don't think they are getting to these that quickly! I got my fingerprints done on the 19th ($40-something) and then submitted my online application with the BON on the 22nd ($50). There has been no movement yet on converting my license, everything just says "unchecked" right now, except for my payment that shows "completed." So the biggest part of this conversion is consenting to a background check (you have to upload the consent form with your application) and getting those results, then having the board check your answers and disclosures. I will update when mine is complete! I have no idea how much time it will take as this is a new process.

I am sorry to be writing to you on here in this thread but I really need your help. Could you message me privately on here? I added you as a friend. I am in the nursing 551 class at excelsior and I am stuck. Could you please help? Thanks. Kathleen [email protected].

My Georgia multistate license is active as of today! So it only took about two weeks to process. Not bad!

Specializes in MICU.

This is good to know. I actually completed the application for a multi state license and then I was emailed a few days later to be fingerprinted. I completed this today, so hopefully I should have a multistate soon.

I applied at the end of Jan 2018 and it's still not processed! Everything says complete on check list....

I applied at the end of Jan 2018 and it's still not processed! Everything says complete on check list....

Would anything come up on your background check? I would call the BON.

No...nothing!

No...nothing!

Definitely give them a call. I wonder if there is just a huge backlog now.

Specializes in Hospice,LTC,Pacu,Regulatory,Operating room.

Yep mine only took two weeks as well.

Specializes in Hospice,LTC,Pacu,Regulatory,Operating room.

yes i would call, I applied in January completed my fingerprints and two weeks later it was converted over.

+ Add a Comment