CRNA JOB MARKET

Specialties CRNA

Published

I'll be starting NA training in the fall. Now that I have been talking to more CRNA's, MDA's, and other colleagues, I'm starting to worry about the outlook in the job market after I'm done with school. Many of the professionals I've talked to are skeptical about the need for more anesthesia providers and have tried to lure me to do something else. Are they right? Is the job market already to saturated? Will the changes the fed govt is making going to make it impossible to get a decent job in a few years?

Specializes in Anesthesia.

The OP needs to spend a lot of time shadowing CRNAs. I love anesthesia and could not imagine doing anything else. There are going to be lots of positions available in the future, as long as you pick your location (not Florida). Regarding surgeons, I just remind them that they can't do surgery without anesthesia. Actually, I have never had any problems with surgeons and have worked with some of the best.

Where is the best places for CRNA? I know TEXAS is good. Where else?

Specializes in Critical Care.

missnurse01, I am actually in the process of applying both... ACNP and CRNA school. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

missnurse01, I am actually in the process of applying both... ACNP and CRNA school. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

Did you end up shadowing both?

Good luck!

+ Add a Comment