GCU Summer 2012

U.S.A. Arizona

Published

Hello,

My name is Keisha and I am currently taking the prereqs for GCU's summer 2012 program. Is anyone else thinking about applying?

My first choice is the program at St Joe's.

Specializes in Women's Health.

I understand that!

question...do you or does anyone out there have any ideas of good shoes to buy for school or any sites i should look at that have a good rep? i'm kinda lost on this one... :bugeyes:

Honestly, I don't know. I'm just probably going to buy me some all White Nikes or Reeboks. I will probably go through a couple pairs of shoes.

[color=#ee82ee]yea i don't know what i'm going to do. they also had some shoes at the same place we get our scrubs. i think i'm going to go there and try on some scrubs and the shoes.

I already ordered the scrubs. I really didn't try on anything. I looked online at the website and saw that the scrubs are the Landau brand. I am familiar with that brand. So, I just ordered 2 shirts and 2 pants (I have to order more now that I found out that we ALWAYS wear our scrubs)! I think I have all of my MAJOR stuff out of the way. I have my uniforms, shoes, 1st 8 weeks books, stethoscope, watch, and scissors. Now I just need the small stuff...paper, pens, etc. I am SOOOO ready!!!

I'm not that ready yet! lol I hope to have most of the stuff done by this weekend. I think I'm going to wait until class to buy my stethoscope. I guess we can sample some of the different types and see which one I like.

Yeah we have classes in the morning and stuff then on thursdays and fridays we have clinicals (either in the morning or evening which ever you want)

Johnnyrei we have to wear scrubs everyday right? I don't think i'll get a lab coat because she said if we do wear it we have to get it embroidered and thats extra money.

Yes, we have to wear our scrubs everyday. I'm not getting a lab coat either. I'll just wear a long sleeves tshirt underneath. If I'm still cold, I'll buy the scrub jacket.

Wow, we were told me DON'T need to get our lab coats embroidered...hmmm...maybe I need to double check that. I was just going to get the jacket though. No need to have the jacket and the lab coat...to me anyway. They told you that we would have homework to do before class right? Did they say when it would be online and would it be here on Angel? I'm assuming so...

I think it might just be our campus. In the orientation I think I heard that the lab coats don't have to be embroidered. However, in our "site specific" orientation, we were told that because so many people in lab coats are at the hospital, we have to have ours embroidered. I know that we are going to have homework/reading assignments etc. Our professors are supposed to be emailing our assignments to us (I think)!

LOL! Glad to see we're all on the same page with things... I just hope we get it sooner than later. I did got o GCU today and get my parking pass and pharmacology book. The bookstore actually called me on my cell to tell me the Pharmacology book came in while I was IN the bookstore! LOL I thought we got free shipping if we bought it on orientation day, but when they called me they said that it was there for "pick up". Glad I was there!! :yeah:

One more question...may be a dumb question, but I thought during orientation they mentioned that we would be using Microsoft Outlook or converting to it sometime soon? Or am I hallucinating and getting it mixed up with something else I was doing?? (could be entirely possible) I don't have Outlook on my computer and if we do use it, it's a pretty $$ purchase to get the individual program.

Nevermind...just found my answer online about Outlook!

+ Add a Comment