Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application

Specialties Advanced

Published

Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012.

Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for that!

Hey BigMoses, thanks for the info! Well I think it is great that you have so many choices. Vanderbilt is the only school I applied to. I became interested in the program at Vanderbilt a few years ago, and after the open house I attended last October my mind was made up. I have a BS in Psychology and a M.Ed in Education and have experience working with children and teens for many years. I have tried to volunteer or secure some type of job in the mental health field to gain more experience, but I haven't had much luck. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do in the mental health field? Are you a counselor? Anyhow, again congrats on the acceptance!! I still haven't heard anything yet myself, but am still staying hopeful!

So just in case I do find out I got in (still waiting on a letter since the mail system in Hawaii is slow and keeping my fingers crossed) I was hoping someone could tell me where I find the financial aid forms online. I don't want to chance getting an acceptance letter the same day financial aid paperwork is due...

Christymel.... I would give them a call. I received a financial aid pack that had a cover letter that explained everyone who applied got one. It also stated that if you were accepted after the deadline you could still fill out the info. That being said go to the FASFA website

and complete it; it does not take long and they will help you find the code.... This will have to be done anyway and it will give you an idea about the process. Good luck! They also said you did not need to be accepted to fill out the info...

Does anyone know the class size of the FNP's?

do you know what the deadline is for the deposit for ?

do you know what the deadline is for the deposit for Vandy?

the letter i received says 3/15

I am making a decision relatively soon on accepting Vanderbilt or Columbia's offer for FNP. It seems like there are several of us in the exact same position. I cannot make the Open House on Saturday because I will already be in NYC but want to visit Vanderbilt the following weekend. Are there any unique opportunities you find Vanderbilt offers that maybe other programs do not? I.e. support of the faculty and community building, student resources, clinical sites, overall attitude of students, etc...

If anyone can provide additional insight or feedback, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Dedicated one, when I was researching Vanderbilt I noticed that they often had the school of nursing in the news for community outreach program in conjunction with other healthcare providers in the community. I know this was a big draw for me because it gets you experience, helps you network in the local community, and helps the community.

Thanks Silverbelle and blackbird singing for the info! I went ahead and sent admissions an e-mail about my address change (I just got some mail on Saturday that was postmarked December that the local post office just now managed to sort, so I figured I should be safe rather than sorry and let them know ASAP). I figure better to know I didn't get in sooner than chance not getting in because I didn't get the acceptance letter in time.

Hey BigMoses, thanks for the info! Well I think it is great that you have so many choices. Vanderbilt is the only school I applied to. I became interested in the program at Vanderbilt a few years ago, and after the open house I attended last October my mind was made up. I have a BS in Psychology and a M.Ed in Education and have experience working with children and teens for many years. I have tried to volunteer or secure some type of job in the mental health field to gain more experience, but I haven't had much luck. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do in the mental health field? Are you a counselor? Anyhow, again congrats on the acceptance!! I still haven't heard anything yet myself, but am still staying hopeful!

I started off as a residential counselor, but now i'm an Assistant Manager of a residential house. The residents have various developmental and psychiatric disabilities.

I am making a decision relatively soon on accepting Vanderbilt or Columbia's offer for FNP. It seems like there are several of us in the exact same position. I cannot make the Open House on Saturday because I will already be in NYC but want to visit Vanderbilt the following weekend. Are there any unique opportunities you find Vanderbilt offers that maybe other programs do not? I.e. support of the faculty and community building, student resources, clinical sites, overall attitude of students, etc...

If anyone can provide additional insight or feedback, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Hey i tried to respond to the PM but i couldn't because I don't have 15 posts yet. The main appeal to to me right now is that possibility of being able to continue on to a DNP after the MSN. With the looming 2015 proposal I think this would be beneficial in the long run. That's about it though, from what i've been able to discern.

excited for a new week and hopefully good news, just news either way :)

Specializes in FNP: Urgent Care & Primary Care; RN: Med-Surg.

@bruins2012 and AnneP85, thank you guys. I probably will be private messaging you guys soon. I need something nice at a reasonable price. And in a good neighborhood. I am going to check out the places you listed.

Again, thank you guys so much. It is VERY MUCH appreciated!!!

+ Add a Comment