Nurse partner ot OU Medical Center

U.S.A. Oklahoma

Published

Does anybody know anything about the "nurse partner" positions at OU Medical Center?

What is like? What exactly are the responsibilities? Were you happy with the decision to work in this capacity?

Any other info would be great.

I have a few friends that are nurse partners and they love it. They work side by side with one nurse. It is great if you need flexibility in your schedule. It's not great for someone who needs regular hours, pay, and benefits. You can choose which days and how many to work each month depending on class times. You may already know this, but you have to complete the first year of nursing to qualify for the partner position. Hope you get feedback from someone on the program. Good Luck!

Thanks OKCHUG

Anybody else????

Specializes in Adolescent Psych, PICU.

I'm a Nurse Partner at OUMed and I love it! I work in an ICU and the experience is invaluable.

I work with one RN usually...sometimes I will help all the RNs, just depends on what they need that night.

I'm able to start IV (no meds, only place the IV in and flush with saline) and do blood draws, central and art line draws, central line dressing changes, vent suctioning, assessments alongside the RN, labs, etc. etc. I also stock rooms, get rooms ready for new admits, just anything.

I've been in on codes, seen all sorts of rhythms, seen many people live and die, it's just amazing and the nurses I work with are great with teaching and getting me involved.

I highly recommend it while in school. Even if OU is not a place you want to work for it's good experience for students.

Any other questions??

I am interested in applying for the nurse partner program. Does anyone know how to apply? I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks!

they only list openings near the ends of semesters when positions open up from nursing students graduating. I've heard they are tough to get, but if I weren't working as an LPN and needed the money, I'd love to do it!

+ Add a Comment