I recently made the decision to become an army nurse. I'm in the process of working out to pass the PFT, filling out/submitting forms/applications, etc for ROTC in order to attend basic training (BT) in the summer. Here's the catch: I'm supposed to take pharmacology, a prerequisite course that must be completed before beginning the nursing program at my college, in the summer. I looked at all the dates for CIET/BT and pharmacology in the summer, and I can't do both. Essentially, I'll be behind in one if I decide to pursue the other. Pharmacology is offered online during the summer, but there's no electronics allowed at BT, and BT is grueling enough (so I've heard) without having to worry about studying for an online course. I applied for nursing school for Fall entrance back in December and will find out if I got in officially in a few months. It's heartbreaking to have to say no because there is no guarantee that I'll get in a second time for Spring entrance, especially since I have about 6 more courses that could affect my GPA negatively this semester. Also, if I don't take advantage of the training that ROTC has to offer physically and mentally, it could be harder for me to become an army nurse (so my ROTC advisor said). Best case scenario: I make straight As, my overall GPA goes up to make me more competitive in the ranking, I get in after a semester in limbo in which I'll have to take random courses to keep my scholarship (credit hour requirement), and I'm on track to becoming an army nurse. Worst case scenario: I make a B or two that bring down my overall GPA, I don't get into nursing school for Spring entrance (which would make a year gap), I spend a semester retaking courses to become more competitive (1.5 years off track), I finally get in, I struggle through since knowledge of A&P and other basic foundation sciences courses are no longer fresh. I want to go the ROTC route because positions for army nurses are limited (I had my mind set on graduating in 4 years, passing the NCLEX and hitting the ground running in my career. This bump in the road is oddly humbling and I'm learning from it. I have sort of accepted that I can't do both (take pharm and do BT) and have come to a decision, but I would like to hear you guys' thoughts, opinions, advice, etc, in case there is a loophole or better route. Thanks in advance.