- Location Honolulu, Hawaii
- Programs BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-MSN, RN-to-BSN, Entry-Level BSN, MSN-to-DNP, MSN to PhD, NP, PhD, BSN-to-PhD, BSN-to-DNP, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
The University of Hawaii at Manoa (UH Manoa), a public university, was founded in 1907.
Nursing programs at UH Manoa were established in 1932 and began with a one-year public health nursing program for graduates of hospital schools of nursing.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program Pathways
High School Graduates
The traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program for high school graduates begins in August, is a full-time cohort program and can be completed in four years. The nursing program is a direct entry program. Graduates are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination to become eligible for state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Current UH Manoa and Transferring College Students
This full-time program is designed for current UH Manoa, transfer and veteran students.
ADN Graduates from UH Consortium
Maui and Kauai - August Admission
Kapiolani - August and January Admission - This program is a full time program that admits Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) graduates from the following UH Consortium programs: Maui College, Kauai Community College, and Kapiolani Community College. The program is a bridge program for the RN with an Associate Degree in Nursing from a UH Consortium program.
RN to BS - Non-UH Consortium ADN Graduates with less than 2 Years of RN Experience
This non-UH Manoa, full-time cohort program admits Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) graduates with less than two (2) years of RN experience (May admission) from non-UH Consortium programs. The program provides a bridge to the baccalaureate.
Executive RN to BS - ADN Graduates with 2 or more Years of RN Experience
This part-time cohort program is an August admission for Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) graduates with two (2) or more years of RN experience. The program is a transition bridge program to the baccalaureate for the experienced Associate Degree RN.
Note: The School of Nursing offers the program when a cohort of thirty (30) students are admitted. UH Manoa Nursing will admit cohorts in cooperation with employers as requested.
Graduate nursing courses are online and face-to-face with hybrid (blended) formats.
Master of Science (MSN)
MSN Degree Pathways
RN with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
Graduate Entry Program in Nursing (GEPN) for non-nurses with a non-nursing bachelor’s degree (Graduates are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination to become eligible for state licensure as an RN)
RN to MSN for RNs with an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) and a non-nursing bachelor’s degree
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
DNP Degree Pathways
- Bachelor's to DNP
- Graduate Entry (GEPN) to DNP
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) to DNP
Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
- Bachelor’s to PhD
- Graduate Entry (GEPN) to PhD
- Master's to PhD
- Advanced Population Health Nursing (MSN)
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (DNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (DNP)
- Organizational Leadership (Post-Master's to DNP)
- Non-nurses with a non-nursing Bachelor's Degree
- Graduate Entry Program in Nursing (GEPN) - MSN, DNP, PhD
- RNs with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree - MSN, DNP, PhD
- RNs with an Associate Degree in Nursing and a non-nursing Bachelor's Degree - MS, DNP, PhD
- RNs with a Master's Degree - DNP, PhD
NCLEX Pass Rates 2017
- BSN - 97.44%
- Graduate Entry - 90.91%
Accreditation and Recognition
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
The University of Hawaii at Manoa is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
The Hawaii State Board of Nursing, Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Professional and Vocational Licensing Division recognized the Baccalaureate program and Graduate Entry in Nursing Program (GEPN).
US News & World Report (2020)
- #157 (tie) in National Universities
- #80 (tie) in Top Public Schools
- #50 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
- #56 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #81 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- #361 (tie) in Best Global Universities
- #387 Top Colleges
- #132 in Public Colleges
- #168 in Research Universities
- #77 in the West
- #190 America's Best Value Colleges
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #36 of 1,592
- Best College Locations in America #141 of 1,553
- Top Public Universities in America #237 of 672
- Most Liberal Colleges in America #363 of 687
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #476 of 1,591
- Best Colleges in America #622 of 1,647
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #775 of 1,542
- Best Value Colleges in America #960 of 1,590
- Best Colleges in Hawaii #2 of 8
- Most Diverse Colleges in Hawaii #2 of 7
- Best Value Colleges in Hawaii #2 of 6
- Colleges with the Best Academics in Hawaii #2 of 6
- Most Liberal Colleges in Hawaii #2 of 4
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in Hawaii #3 of 7
- Best College Locations in Hawaii #3 of 6
- Best Value Colleges in Honolulu Area #2 of 4
College Factual ranked UH Manoa #2 Best Colleges for the Money in Hawaii (2018-2019).
Edited by sirI