- NCLEX Pass Rate 97
- Location Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Programs BSN, DNP, MSN, RN-to-BSN, LPN-to-BSN, MSN-to-DNP, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
The University of Arkansas at Fayetteville (U of A) is a public institution founded in 1871.
The Eleanor Mann School of Nursing (EMSON) offers on-campus and distance-learning opportunities across the nation by providing undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN generic)
This program is for students looking to obtain a Registered Nurse (RN) license and a baccalaureate degree. The program provides:
- Hands-on experience
- Small classes
- Low faculty-student ratio
- Individual support from professors
- Eligibility to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for state licensure as a registered nurse (RN)
The EMSON nursing program also includes:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – LPN-BSN
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program is offered through Arkansas University’s Eleanor Mann School of Nursing (EMSON). The specialty of focus in this degree program is the Nurse Educator (NE).
The student is prepared to take on the role of educator to help mold and develop the nurse of the future.
Time to Completion
- Full-time students - four semesters including one summer
- Part-time students – varies to 6 years
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The Doctor of Nursing Practice is a degree program focused on the training of the nurse at a doctorate level. These nurses have a clinical focus with a desire to become leaders and experts in that specialty. Many work in hospitals and educational institutions.
Two options are available for entry into the Doctor of Nursing Practice program. They are:
- Post-BSN - The student must have completed their Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree before being eligible to participate in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
- Post-MSN - The student must have completed their Master of Science in Nursing degree to be eligible for the Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) - Specialty Focus for DNP
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner is an online program with a concentration on:
- The American Association of Colleges of Nursing's Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice (2006)
- The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Competencies (2012)
- The Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist Competencies (2010)
Please note: The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) at the master's degree level will no longer be offered. Those interested will be referred to the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program.
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) is an online program built upon the standards set forth by:
- The American Association of Colleges of Nursing's Essentials of Master's Education for Advanced Nursing Practice (2006)
- The Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies (2012)
- The Population-Focused NP Competencies (2013)
Those who complete and graduate from the BSN-DNP program in Adult-Geriatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and Adult-Geriatric Clinical Nurse Specialist concentrations are eligible to sit for national certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Those who graduate from the FNP Concentration are eligible to sit for national certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
The U of A is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The University of Arkansas baccalaureate and master's programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Rankings and Recognition
US News & World Report (2018-2019)
- #152 (tie) in National Universities
- #78 (tie) in Top Public Schools
- #18 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- #70 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
- #13 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans
- #74 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Master's
- #52 (tie) in Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- #637 (tie) Best Global Universities
- #285 Top Colleges
- #90 in Public Colleges
- #138 in Research Universities
- #54 in the South
- #161 America's Best Value Colleges
- Best Big Colleges in America #55
- Top Public Universities in America #60
- Colleges with the Best Student Life in America #66
- Best College Campuses in America #69
- Best Colleges for Nursing in America #71
- Best Colleges in America #171
- Most Conservative Colleges in America #172
- Best College Locations in America #181
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #197
- Best Value Colleges in America #472
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #659
The Princeton Review (2018)
- The Best 384 Colleges
- Best Southeastern
The University of Arkansas (U of A) at Fayetteville EMSON has been named one of the top ranking nursing programs in the nation by BestNursingColleges.com (2018).
Edited by sirI