- NCLEX Pass Rate 95
- Location Angwin, California
- Programs ASN/ADN, BSN, RN-to-BSN, Other
- Visit Website Click For More Information!
Founded in 1882, Pacific Union College (PUC) is a private Seventh-day Adventist Christian and Liberal Arts college. Located in California’s Napa Valley, the college offers fully accredited nursing programs.
Faith and learning are integrated in the classroom, creating a unique academic environment. The Pacific Union College campus holds a strong dedication to individual experiences of faith, expressed through active service. Students are involved in prayer, bible study groups and varied worship service. From Friday sundown to Saturday sundown, the Pacific Union College community observes the Sabbath. The campus also holds vespers, a weekly student worship, in the church sanctuary on Friday nights to open the Sabbath.
Academic Nursing Programs
The Nursing program at Pacific Union College uses a two-step approach to educating students for a career in nursing. The education provided begins with the Associate of Science in Nursing degree, which prepares students for the Registered Nurse (RN) license. Students then continue on to complete course requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)
The Pre-Nursing major offered focuses on the prerequisite and cognate classes required for admission to the Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) program at Pacific Union College. The Pre-Nursing program offers students the opportunity to build a foundation of knowledge in human biology, social sciences, etc.
Following completion of the ASN, graduates may continue directly on to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program. The ASN program can be completed on the Angwin campus in 6 quarters (2 years) and is offered in a traditional two-year nursing program format.
Licensed Vocational Nurse to Registered Nurse (LVN to RN)
Prospective students that are currently practicing Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) can obtain the Associate of Science in Nursing through the LVN to RN program. This program is offered at both the Napa and Travis Air Force Base campuses. The LVN to RN Associate of Science degree program is offered in a non-traditional core week format.
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) is the second step in a two-step path toward completing a baccalaureate degree. The Bachelor of Science Degree (BSN) program is designed to complement the continued education of Associate of Science (AS) Degree program graduates at Pacific Union College.
The Bachelor of Science Degree (BSN) program is intended for working Registered Nurses (RNs) desiring to return to school to continue their baccalaureate education.
BSN major courses are offered in a core week format on the Angwin campus and, if taken full-time, the major courses can be completed in 3 quarters (1 year).
On the Napa campus, the major courses are offered in an evening format (one evening each week). In this format, the major courses can be completed in 6 quarters (2 years).
The following items are required of all BSN Degree Nursing Students to obtain clinical clearance (not all inclusive):
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Healthcare Professionals issued from the American Heart Association (AHA) - verifying completion of an AHA Basic Life Support Provider (BLS) course.
- Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen: A clear background check and clear drug screen are required of all prospective students. Clearance obtained for the ASN program is acceptable for the BSN, so long as there has not been a gap in enrollment.
- Current U.S. RN License
- Professional Liability Insurance with RN-level coverage in the amount of $1,000,000/$6,000,000.
- Physical Examination
- TB Skin Test
- Immunizations: MMR, Varicella, HepB, DTaP/Tdap, Influenza Vaccine
Approval and Accreditation
The Associate of Science in Nursing program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
The Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree programs at Pacific Union College are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Pacific Union College is a fully accredited institution by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
According to US News & World Report (2019), PUC ranks #173-#229 in National Liberal Arts Colleges.
- Most Diverse Colleges in America #21 of 1,592
- Best Liberal Arts Colleges in America #154 of 211
- Best Christian Colleges in America #158 of 356
- Best Small Colleges in America #376 of 997
- Top Private Universities in America #475 of 975
- Most Liberal Colleges in America #542 of 687
- Colleges with the Best Academics in America #663 of 1,591
- Best Value Colleges in America #713 of 1,590
- Best Colleges in America #778 of 1,647
- Most Diverse Colleges in California #5 of 109
- Best Liberal Arts Colleges in California #9 of 9
- Best Christian Colleges in California #12 of 17
- Best Small Colleges in California #28 of 56
- Top Private Universities in California #41 of 70
- Colleges with the Best Academics in California #50 of 114
- Best Value Colleges in California #57 of 104
- Most Liberal Colleges in California #57 of 61
- Best Colleges in California #61 of 116
College Factual (2019)
- #51 slot on our ranking of Best Colleges for the Money in California
- #506 ranking on the Overall Best Colleges for the Money nationally
Pacific Union College has been named America's Most Beautiful College by Newsweek.
Edited by Joe V