Rogue Community College ADN Program

Posted
by Maddiespell (New) New Student

Specializes in CNA.

Hello everyone! 
I am currently in the process of applying to nursing schools in Oregon (the OCNE schools specifically) and I am very interested in Rogue Community Colleges nursing program in Medford. I have seen that their NCELX scores are really good and their new health science building at table rock campus but that’s about all that I know about it. If anyone has been there or knows anything about the program please let me know! I’d also be curious to see what my chances were of getting in. 
thanks so much 🙂 

Jrobertson1122

Specializes in CMA, Phlebotomist, CLC. 14 Posts

Have you heart back about a interview yet? I applied there also!

kmama2019

17 Posts

14 hours ago, Jrobertson1122 said:

Have you heart back about a interview yet? I applied there also!

I applied too but haven’t heard back regarding an interview! 

Nurse2be-

17 Posts

On 3/23/2021 at 9:31 PM, kmama2019 said:

I applied too but haven’t heard back regarding an interview! 

Did either of you get in to RCC last year? Do you know if anyone who was accepted had retaken Anatomy? I received a B in Anatomy 1 and took it again for the A not knowing I would lose out on 4 points when I applied.

kmama2019

17 Posts

Just now, Nurse2be- said:

Did either of you get in to RCC last year? Do you know if anyone who was accepted had retaken Anatomy? I received a B in Anatomy 1 and took it again for the A not knowing I would lose out on 4 points when I applied.

this is my first time applying, I got B’s in my anatomy classes though if that helps and I did not retake any of them. Did you apply this year?

Nurse2be-

17 Posts

5 minutes ago, kmama2019 said:

this is my first time applying, I got B’s in my anatomy classes though if that helps and I did not retake any of them. Did you apply this year?

Yes I applied! Well, that didn’t answer my question. I received A’s, so my GPA is great, however I retook the Anatomy 1 class for the A, so I couldn’t collect the 4 points for no retake. Just curious how bad that hurt me. 

Nurse2be-

17 Posts

8 minutes ago, kmama2019 said:

this is my first time applying, I got B’s in my anatomy classes though if that helps and I did not retake any of them. Did you apply this year?

I did make it to the top 85, sorry, I didn’t mention that. Just wasn’t sure where on the list I would be going into essays. I’m hoping there aren’t a lot of veterans & bilingual applicants 😬😬. My only other area where I lost points was on retaking the one Anatomy class for a higher GPA.

kmama2019

17 Posts

Oh I see, I think it depends on your overall score and the pool of applicants they received that year!

Just now, Nurse2be- said:

I did make it to the top 85, sorry, I didn’t mention that. Just wasn’t sure where on the list I would be going into essays. I’m hoping there aren’t a lot of veterans & bilingual applicants 😬😬. My only other area where I lost points was on retaking the one Anatomy class for a higher GPA.

Same! I also applied to OHSU but didn’t get in, my friend who has the exact same stats as me did get in to OHSU last year so I think it just depends on who applied that year. Do you have any healthcare experience points or leadership? 

Nurse2be-

17 Posts

3 minutes ago, kmama2019 said:

Oh I see, I think it depends on your overall score and the pool of applicants they received that year!

Same! I also applied to OHSU but didn’t get in, my friend who has the exact same stats as me did get in to OHSU last year so I think it just depends on who applied that year. Do you have any healthcare experience points or leadership? 

Yes, I also applied to OHSU & am on the alternate list. Yes, I have health care experience. 

Just now, Nurse2be- said:

Yes, I also applied to OHSU & am on the alternate list. Yes, I have health care experience. 

And volunteer points. 

kmama2019

17 Posts

Well good luck on your essays and HSRT. Hope we both get in!! 

Nurse2be-

17 Posts

Same to you! Do you mind me asking, is this your first time applying to both programs? It’s mine. Do you have all the experience & a high GPA? Bilingual? Just curious where I need to improve next year if I don’t get in. RCC in a bit different because they are so cut & dry with points. They don’t interview you or ask why you retook a class. Just block & white. OHSU cares more about GPA which is why I went for the A’s. 

kmama2019

17 Posts

1 minute ago, Nurse2be- said:

Same to you! Do you mind me asking, is this your first time applying to both programs? It’s mine. Do you have all the experience & a high GPA? Bilingual? Just curious where I need to improve next year if I don’t get in. RCC in a bit different because they are so cut & dry with points. They don’t interview you or ask why you retook a class. Just block & white. OHSU cares more about GPA which is why I went for the A’s. 

That’s interesting that you say that because I personally thought OHSU was more interested in your background /diversity! and it was RCC that was based off your GPA. But yes this is my first year. I have health care exp CNA and CCMA, Bilingual, Leadership, my GPA is OK 3.7, and I have all pre reqs done and I’ve taken stats.