Reporting abuse

Specialties Geriatric


Specializes in Psychiatric.

Hi. Have you ever worked in a facility with a lot of staff that are verbally abusive to their patients and the higher-ups do nothing? I feel each abuser should be on an EDL list but the higher-ups held accountable too. Any advice for me? (I’m just a part time staff nurse)

Specializes in LTC, SNF.

Contact the ombudsman. This person is supposed to advocate for the residents. Maybe video tape an incident without videotaping a resident to have proof. 

+ Add a Comment