Jump to content

Regionally-accredited RN to BSN with no in-person clinicals/preceptorship or group work?

Online Learning   (440 Views | 5 Replies)

553 Profile Views; 14 Posts

Hi, everyone! I'm hoping for some recommendations for online regionally-accredited RN to BSN programs that don't require in-person clinicals or preceptorships in our local area that don't require you to work, either. I'm a military spouse and we're about to move overseas (where I can't work as a nurse) so I want to be sure I don't have to work or do clinicals/preceptorships on site. I don't want to wait to do it until we get back. His assignment is *at least 3 years* over there, and I am motivated to do it now while I still have an active nursing license. Thank you for your suggestions!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BSNbeDONE has 34 years experience as a ASN, BSN, LPN, RN and specializes in Med/Surg, LTACH, LTC, Home Health.

2,483 Posts; 25,180 Profile Views

WGU, Capella Flexpath, Excelsior College (group projects required), just to name a few. I’ve read that WGU and Capella Flexpath students are able to complete their BSN in a matter of months for those who are highly motivated. I’m going the Flexpath option for my MSN beginning next month.

I received my BSN through Excelsior College and although doable, the group project was very challenging trying to piece it together with other students from different time zones. From my understanding of what I’ve researched from WGU and Capella Flexpath, you work at your own pace, and your costs and completion will be dependent upon that pace. Hope this helps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 Posts; 46 Profile Views

4 hours ago, BSNbeDONE said:

WGU, Capella Flexpath, Excelsior College (group projects required), just to name a few. I’ve read that WGU and Capella Flexpath students are able to complete their BSN in a matter of months for those who are highly motivated. I’m going the Flexpath option for my MSN beginning next month.

I received my BSN through Excelsior College and although doable, the group project was very challenging trying to piece it together with other students from different time zones. From my understanding of what I’ve researched from WGU and Capella Flexpath, you work at your own pace, and your costs and completion will be dependent upon that pace. Hope this helps...

I've done the legwork on this. WGU requires you to work or volunteer at least 20 hours a week. Capella, however, works with overseas spouses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 Posts; 46 Profile Views

I'm in the same boat, so I'm interested in anything you've found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

73 Posts; 1,695 Profile Views

7 hours ago, hakuchuumu said:

I've done the legwork on this. WGU requires you to work or volunteer at least 20 hours a week. Capella, however, works with overseas spouses.

This is no longer the case (WGU work 20hr/week).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 Posts; 46 Profile Views

12 hours ago, harvestmoon said:

This is no longer the case (WGU work 20hr/week).

WGU seems to think it's a current requirement.

 

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.25.16 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.