Really Hurt

  1. I just wanted to vent.......
    I was accepted into a really good nursing school and only had a few pre-requisites to take this spring (I had conditional admission). Unfortunately, I have As and Bs in all my Pre- Requisites but it looks like I might have a "D" (I am about 80% sure) in Chemistry II. I took 22 hours this semester in order to finish my current degree and get all my pre-req. finished in time for nursing school. It seemed like a bright idea at first, and except for Chemistry my plan worked out all right. What really sucks is that I took the final today and the Prof. was acting like he wansn't sure what grade I might have in the class. To add insult to injury senior grades are due on Wednesday and he told me that I would have to wait until then to find out my grade. I hate waiting for really bad news like this. This really places a damper on my week b/c graduation is this Saturday and I am so drained and upset ( I haven't enjoyed being a senior at all this semester). This sucks because I know that the offer for admission is going to be pulled. Right now I am sooooo upset. :angryfire
  2. Visit YUPPIE2009 profile page

    About YUPPIE2009

    Joined: Mar '07; Posts: 122
    Student

    6 Comments

  3. by   Cherish
    Eeks! I'm sorry to hear that. Is the Chemistry a pre-req for the nursing school? That is A LOT of hours you took on this semester. I'm guessing its too late to ask for an incomplete in that class too. I'm really sorry to hear that, maybe you can retake the course this summer if it's needed for that school. Did you talk to the school yet and they told you that you will be pulled because of that grade?
  4. by   NurseJeanB
    Oh Yuppie, I hope things work out with you. Is there any chance that you can work with your Chemistry teacher to find out earlier what your final score is? Best of luck to you.
  5. by   YUPPIE2009
    I have looked at summer schools that are up to 1 hour commute. I have a 3.76 GPA, but the school states on their website that students must make a "C" or better in their course work. I have contacted them, but their response was a financial aid package. That is so weird to me, but I guess the office of financial aid and admission are not talking to each other.
    See the thing is that I have always struggled in Math, but I am able to usually pull out an A or B. I made an A in Stats, and I made an A in Stats Lab. Very hard class and nearly lost my mind. I don't find him to be a very good prof. which has never been a problem for me in the past. Usually if I have bad prof. I can just teach the material to myself and still do okay. However, I don't have much of a science backgraound except for my pre-req. and the fact that most of my jobs were in medical facilities.

    My degree will be a double major in History and Sociology ( I was going to law school..took the LSAT and everything), but I believe that I had a call to Nursing instead. This makes me feel like maybe I was real wrong.

    He won't grade the test early b/c he told me that I was a senior in a freshman class and he had senior level classes to grade 1st, but he would get to my exam by Wednesday at noon.
    Thanks
  6. by   destined2bCRNA
    I really feel so bad! But there's gotta be a way for you to find out the "possibilities" today. I know it's only a day and a half away, but I personally know how that could feel like an eternity! Is there no way for you to contact someone in the nursing department today to find out if the "C" requirement will still apply even if you retake the class this summer?? It must be someone that can give you an answer today- then you won't have to worry and stress so much knowing that you at least have a plan B just in case you get a "D".
  7. by   justme1972
    I would explain to them that you took 22 semester hours this time (and promise to NEVER overload yourself like that again), and ask if you make it up this summer, before the Fall term starts, and get a C or better, ask if that would be acceptable.

    I would drive TO the school...don't call....go there and speak to the Director of the program.
  8. by   WDWpixieRN
    Quote from Hopefull2009
    I would drive TO the school...don't call....go there and speak to the Director of the program.
    Not a bad idea....start making phone calls at a minimum to determine your options....that way you can plan accordingly. Start looking at summer options. Just do whatever you have to in order to figure out where/what to do next.

    Don't let yourself get too bummed. You definitely took too much on and hopefully this was a good learning experience. Someday, at the least, you will look back upon it at that. Somehow, it will all work out the way it is supposed to....hang in there!!

close