Jump to content

PHN Certification in California requirements

Public/Community   (4,322 Views 20 Comments)
by purple_candyzz purple_candyzz (New Member) New Member

1,606 Profile Views; 8 Posts

You are reading page 2 of PHN Certification in California requirements. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

purplecali has 10 years experience as a BSN and specializes in RN, BSN, PHN, CCM, CMCN, PAHM, MSHS-PH candidate.

13 Posts; 664 Profile Views

Hi yes I am now a PHN. I just completed the courses that the CA Board has required and have my school send my transcripts, RLE, and course description for Public Health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

purplecali has 10 years experience as a BSN and specializes in RN, BSN, PHN, CCM, CMCN, PAHM, MSHS-PH candidate.

13 Posts; 664 Profile Views

Yes a foreign grad. Just online classes, no actual clinical duties. They gave me a list of what to complete and they assigned an evaluator for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

44 Posts; 1,445 Profile Views

What school? How much did you pay?

5 minutes ago, purplecali said:

Yes a foreign grad. Just online classes, no actual clinical duties. They gave me a list of what to complete and they assigned an evaluator for me.

Can I ask for you email address or cellphone?I have a couple questions to ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

purplecali has 10 years experience as a BSN and specializes in RN, BSN, PHN, CCM, CMCN, PAHM, MSHS-PH candidate.

13 Posts; 664 Profile Views

Hi, 

It was not a school like a physical school. It is just online courses from online providers. Like RN.com, same place where you can get CEus. The CA Board provided me a list so I just browsed them and took the online classes. I paid about $150, that was 3 years ago. It may have changed now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

44 Posts; 1,445 Profile Views

6 minutes ago, purplecali said:

Hi, 

It was not a school like a physical school. It is just online courses from online providers. Like RN.com, same place where you can get CEus. The CA Board provided me a list so I just browsed them and took the online classes. I paid about $150, that was 3 years ago. It may have changed now.

Yay that's nice! Im having doubts because they might say that I have to take classes just like when taking NCLEX. Im already an RN and I was lucky that I didn't have to take deficiency subjects. Anyways it's good that everything went well for you. Are you working as PHN already?

Edited by delish2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

purplecali has 10 years experience as a BSN and specializes in RN, BSN, PHN, CCM, CMCN, PAHM, MSHS-PH candidate.

13 Posts; 664 Profile Views

I worked as a PHN but now I am working as a Case Manager. Good luck to your journey on becoming a PHN😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you a credible source? Add your Credentials, Experience, etc.

44 Posts; 1,445 Profile Views

Just now, purplecali said:

I worked as a PHN but now I am working as a Case Manager. Good luck to your journey on becoming a PHN😀

Nice! I do hope I can become a PHN. I like the job. Way back when I was in the Philippines, I was exposed to public health since my job there was providing technical assistance for the TB program. OMG, every second I loved it. So hopefully, I can pursue that here too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×