You know you are a PEDS nurse when... - page 3
*you can do a full set of vitals on a sleeping one years old with just the light shinning from the bathroom without waking them.. *you have at least 3 different techniques for cutting the taste... Read More
Jul 14, '07- you've had to wash your hair and change yourbecause you bent down to get a diaper out of the drawer and left the 2 month old male patient uncovered
- you've taken a thermometer and flashlight into a room to get a rectal temp on an infant
- you can rattle off at least 10 different names each for urine, stool, and each gender's genitalia
- you've said, over the intercom in a patient's room, "Johnny, this is Santa Clause. If you don't settle down right now and go to sleep, I'm not bringing you any presents for Christmas"
- you've said to the parent of the bratty patient "I'm going to step out and give you a minute. And just know that when the door is closed, I hear nothing"
- you've told another adult, "you have something on your nosey"
Jul 26, '07these thread fantastic total agree with the comment, when asked about adult problems , i don't do adults , one of my favourite line.
the program times for cbebbies (uk based kids channel)
manage to do iv antibiotics with out waking the patient even when lying on there iv line
Jul 26, '07I am still on rotation in paeds, so I am still learning but:
- I start to play games with babies being held by their mothers/fathers in the street.
- I am becoming extremely clucky
- I am finding that it is allowed / expected as part of the working day to cuddle your babies and walk around with them instead of just taking obs, having a quick chat as you would with an adult pt (actually got congratulated by my senior for doing so!)...awww I love it!
- my mathematics skills have improved out of sight! And so has my dexterity thanks to having to draw up miniscule amounts of IVABs
- I am starting to dig up and sing nursery rhymes from the deep dark recesses of my mind.
Aug 6, '07I just graduate from nursing schools and passed the NCLEX. I want to be a peds nurse, but I know I have a long way to go. I currently have ADN in nursing and I know it will be difficult to get a job as pediatric nurse with only an ADN! In 2 years will go back to school and get my BSN and hopefull be a nurse practioner one day!:spin:
Aug 12, '07Quote from piritubaIt is not that difficult to get a pediatric nurse position - look for an internship. I also just graduated and now working on a pediatric floor.I just graduate from nursing schools and passed the NCLEX. I want to be a peds nurse, but I know I have a long way to go. I currently have ADN in nursing and I know it will be difficult to get a job as pediatric nurse with only an ADN! In 2 years will go back to school and get my BSN and hopefull be a nurse practioner one day!:spin: