Distance BSN for interational RN

  1. I'm working as an RN in the Persian Gulf but want to upgrade my skills to a BSN at a US post-secondary institutition. I'm not an American citizen (a Korean citizen). Can I do a BSN course completely while I'm working here, or do I need to take some classes or labs that require me to be in the US? Also, which colleges/universities accept non-US citizens to take their courses?
  2. Visit snoopyleader profile page

    About snoopyleader

    Joined: Dec '05; Posts: 40


  3. by   Tweety
    In my program, you do have to have to be working as an RN because you need to use your place of employment for some activities, but we have students in Japan and Indonesia. Both however are US citazens.

    Check with them directly. I'm not sure if you need a US license or not. http://onlinenursing.fhchs.edu/
  4. by   Ginger's Mom
    I had several nurses who worked in Canada, bahamas and Germany in my UoP classes. I do know you need to be a RN licensed in the US, not a citizen.