Can I take MAN, MSN, PhD?

  1. Hey I'm in a post graduate school now taking Master of Arts in NUrsing (MAN). I'll be graduating soon. Should I take Master of Science in Nursing? Or shall I go to PhD instead?
  2. Visit xiariternola profile page

    About xiariternola

    Joined: Oct '12; Posts: 1


  3. by   HouTx
    Nursing is a science-based profession - that's reflected in our degrees; AAS, ASN, BSN, MSN... I have never come across an "MAN". I wonder what type of curriculum it would involve or whether it would have any value to employers?
  4. by   chare
    Although a Google search for Master of Arts in Nursing (MAN) returned results mostly for overseas schools, the following US based schools off an MAN option. St. Catharine University offers an MAN with a nurse practitioner concentration, and Augsberg College and Pace University both offer an MAN with a nursing education focus.

    Obviously, an individual possessing any of these degrees would be of value to an employer.

    OP, once you complete you MAN I should think you would be eligible for entry into most PhD programs, without an MSN. However, the final determination will be the program you are considering, so I would contact them before beginning the MSN. Good luck with whatever option you choose.
    Last edit by chare on Oct 30, '12 : Reason: Format links