So I am a new grad and I was offered a job mid-march. I signed the offer letter and sent it back. I just got offered a job that I want much more. Now I'm not quite sure what I am supposed to do. I did not sign a contract with the first offer, but I did sign and return the offer letter and do the employee physical. This is at at will offer so is it ok if I now turn it down and take the one that I have always wanted to work at? I'm not quite sure what to do, I feel bad for the place that I already accepted at but I feel like I should lookout for myself first and do what I really want. Is there a right answer to this? Thanks!
Apr 8, '07
Do what is best for you. Take the job that you have wanted for so long. Just tell the first employer that "another job opportunity came up and this is whats best for me", or just say "Something else came up and sorry for the trouble"
Apr 15, '07
I think you should do wahat is best for you too, I am in the same sort of situation, I had two interviews last week, both jobs I would really like to have, so if one calls back before the other I may just accept and wait and see to hear from the other place too, then weigh my options. I just think you need to do what is best for you and realize that other people have done the same thing in the past as well.
May 3, '07
yes, i'd go with your first choice, also. just make sure you do it very professionally. don't treat them like they usually treat us!!
May 10, '07
Thank you all for your advice! I'm in a similar situation with deadlines to accept of decline offers but not offer or headway with my chosen facility. I feel so sad that I may have to accept "second best",even though it isn't bad. I was told by a speaker at school (already a suspect source) that it is very dangerous to accept a job and change your mind (even if you haven't signed a contract and even if you do it way ahead of the starting months), because the recruiting community is small and we will be blacklisted...Is that just a bunch of nonsense?
Must Read Topics