License Endorsement

  1. Hi good day everyone! I am a nurse in the Philippines, I passed theCalifornia NCLEX-RN in 2008 but I don't have a license because they require SSN and now I am trying to endorse it to Texas. California BON already sent the verification of passing the nclex rn but still the Texas BON is still asking for a license. I know people who was able to endorse license from CA to texas without actual license. I hope somebody can help me regarding this matter. Thank you guys in advance!
  2. Visit lrcacho profile page

    About lrcacho

    Joined: Nov '18; Posts: 1


  3. by   NRSKarenRN
    For endorsement without examination, Texas requires foreign educated nurses to hold a license from another state or certificate from country you were educated in.... since you do not have California license, they are looking for license from home country. Additionally, you must pass the Texas nursing jurisprudence examination prior to being issued a permanent license.

    Sec. 301.259. Reciprocal License by Endorsement for Certain Foreign Applicants

    On payment of a fee established by the Board, the Board may issue a license to practice as a registered nurse or vocational nurse in this state by endorsement without examination to an applicant who holds a registration certificate as a registered nurse or vocational nurse, as applicable, issued by a territory or possession of the United States or a foreign country if the Board determines that the issuing agency of the territory or possession of the United States or foreign country required in its examination the same general degree of fitness required by this state.
    See Continuing Education courses available
    Nursing Jurisprudence and Ethics for Texas Nurses -

    Nursing Jurisprudence and Ethics | Texas Nursing CEU

    nursing jurisprudence exam Flashcards and Study Sets | Quizlet

    Best wishes in your nursing journey.
    Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Nov 5
  4. by   Silverdragon102
    As mentioned you do not have a license to endorse so have to go through license my exam and arrange with CA to forward confirmation you passed NCLEX.

    Moved to the Nurse Registration forum