Jump to content

Need a psychiatric nurse to interview!

Psychiatric   (574 Views 11 Comments)
by taycole03 taycole03 (New) New Student

79 Profile Views; 5 Posts

Hello, I am a pre-nursing student and for an assignment I have to write a paper on the nursing specialty I would like to pursue in the future. For the assignment I have to interview a nurse in the specialty. Let me know if I can interview you (it's five questions) to use in my paper! Thank you!聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trishalishus is a PhD, CNS and specializes in CAMHS, acute psych,.

1 Article; 127 Posts; 6,494 Profile Views

You can interview me if you still need a guinea pig 馃槉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erindel RN has 4 years experience and specializes in medical psych and hospice.

478 Posts; 18,043 Profile Views

Im available to interview as well..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 79 Profile Views

15 hours ago, TrishJK said:

You can interview me if you still need a guinea pig 馃槉

Great! Message me so I can send the questions! Thank you!

10 hours ago, Erindel RN said:

Im available to interview as well..

Great! Message me so I can send the questions! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trishalishus is a PhD, CNS and specializes in CAMHS, acute psych,.

1 Article; 127 Posts; 6,494 Profile Views

I don鈥檛 know how to message you. Just put the questions up here and i鈥檒l respond publicly. 馃憤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 79 Profile Views

1 hour ago, TrishJK said:

I don鈥檛 know how to message you. Just put the questions up here and i鈥檒l respond publicly. 馃憤

Oh okay that works too! Here are the questions:聽

路聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Are you satisfied with your choice of career? Why?

路聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 What do you like most about your job? What would you change if you could?

路聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Besides experience and education, what would you look for in an applicant for your position?

路聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 Do you see your job being affected by future downsizing, mergers, or technology? Please explain.

路聽聽聽聽聽聽聽聽 What is your advice for me as a student in nursing?

Thank you in advance!聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trishalishus is a PhD, CNS and specializes in CAMHS, acute psych,.

1 Article; 127 Posts; 6,494 Profile Views

Are you锘匡豢锘柯爏atisfied with your choice of career? Why?

Yes, because it fits聽with my values.聽

What do you like most about your job? What would you change if you could?

I like that I am helping others to improve their quality of life by teaching them psychosocial skills and by providing psychotherapy and family therapy that supports my clients to become聽more empowered, more personally efficacious, and more able to experience satisfaction, self-esteem and perhaps happiness. I am also intellectually stimulated by the complexity of diagnosis and treatment planning and delivery in a field I find endlessly fascinating. I enjoy the respect of my colleagues and being one if a team of people who give a damn and are working to make the world a better place.

I do聽not like the fact that in public health we are under-resourced and burn-out is an ever-present spectre.

Besides experience and education, what would you look for in an applicant for your position?

Passion, intelligence, emotional intelligence, compassion, willingness, work ethic

Do you se锘縠 your job being affected by future downsizing, mergers, or technology? Please explain.

Downsizing is a happening thing, because demand is growing but resources are not. Govt money in Australia is being siphoned into the private sector by 鈥檆elebrity鈥-influencers. The private sector is under-trained to manage the additional levels of patient-related risk and so calls more on my Service for support. Vicious downward spiral ensues.

锘縒hat is your advice for me as a stud锘縠nt in nursing?锘匡豢

Don鈥檛 let jaded older nurses steal your passion or influence your behaviour. It is their聽cynical聽expression of聽faded dreams and over-worked spiritual bone-weariness. Avoid such nurses and find the ones who are first and second kind to you and kind to their patients.聽

Get advanced training in your speciality as soon and as much as you can so that you can get out of the wards and into the community. Aim for NP.聽
Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 79 Profile Views

23 hours ago, Trishalishus said:

Are you锘匡豢锘柯爏atisfied with your choice of career? Why?

Yes, because it fits聽with my values.聽

What do you like most about your job? What would you change if you could?

I like that I am helping others to improve their quality of life by teaching them psychosocial skills and by providing psychotherapy and family therapy that supports my clients to become聽more empowered, more personally efficacious, and more able to experience satisfaction, self-esteem and perhaps happiness. I am also intellectually stimulated by the complexity of diagnosis and treatment planning and delivery in a field I find endlessly fascinating. I enjoy the respect of my colleagues and being one if a team of people who give a damn and are working to make the world a better place.

I do聽not like the fact that in public health we are under-resourced and burn-out is an ever-present spectre.

Besides experience and education, what would you look for in an applicant for your position?

Passion, intelligence, emotional intelligence, compassion, willingness, work ethic

Do you se锘縠 your job being affected by future downsizing, mergers, or technology? Please explain.

Downsizing is a happening thing, because demand is growing but resources are not. Govt money in Australia is being siphoned into the private sector by 鈥檆elebrity鈥-influencers. The private sector is under-trained to manage the additional levels of patient-related risk and so calls more on my Service for support. Vicious downward spiral ensues.

锘縒hat is your advice for me as a stud锘縠nt in nursing?锘匡豢

Don鈥檛 let jaded older nurses steal your passion or influence your behaviour. It is their聽cynical聽expression of聽faded dreams and over-worked spiritual bone-weariness. Avoid such nurses and find the ones who are first and second kind to you and kind to their patients.聽

Get advanced training in your speciality as soon and as much as you can so that you can get out of the wards and into the community. Aim for NP.聽
Good luck!

Thank you! Finally, I forgot ask but can you please tell me your name, where you work (or used to work if retired), and a contact email for my professor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hppygr8ful has 15 years experience and specializes in Psych, Addictions, Elder Care, L&D.

5 Followers; 2,832 Posts; 32,753 Profile Views

If you still need someone I'm willing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trishalishus is a PhD, CNS and specializes in CAMHS, acute psych,.

1 Article; 127 Posts; 6,494 Profile Views

Taycole research doesn鈥檛 work that way. Research subjects are generally anonymous. You can screenshot my response, so your lecturer doesn鈥檛 think you made it up. You can show her/him this response, but i鈥檓 not prepared to give out my full name and place of work or email address because聽i don鈥檛 know yours, because it leaves me open to being misquoted, or hacked etc. You can say my name is Trish.聽I work in聽Australia聽in public health. Your lecturer can contact me through this聽forum if necessary.

also, please remove the following sentences from聽my response because upon reflection I realise it is unkind, and i don鈥檛 wish to besmirch the very good male nurses who work as hard as the women:聽(鈥淎void male nurses. Most of them are lazy and will try and con you to do their work as they climb over your back to win unearned promotion.鈥)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 79 Profile Views

6 minutes ago, Trishalishus said:

Taycole research doesn鈥檛 work that way. Research subjects are generally anonymous. You can screenshot my response, so your lecturer doesn鈥檛 think you made it up. You can show her/him this response, but i鈥檓 not prepared to give out my full name and place of work or email address because聽i don鈥檛 know yours, because it leaves me open to being misquoted, or hacked etc. You can say my name is Trish.聽I work in聽Australia聽in public health. Your lecturer can contact me through this聽forum if necessary.

also, please remove the following sentences from聽my response because upon reflection I realise it is unkind, and i don鈥檛 wish to besmirch the very good male nurses who work as hard as the women:聽(鈥淎void male nurses. Most of them are lazy and will try and con you to do their work as they climb over your back to win unearned promotion.鈥)

Okay, sorry, my mistake. Thank you!聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites