Need more loans?

Nursing Students General Students


Specializes in Geriatrics.

What if the school year has already started, you've received a Stafford loan to pay for your school.... but now you need more money for bills and travel. School loans clearly state you can use it towards room and board and travel..... so what should I do? Apply for a loan and when it sends it to my school will they just give me the money? Has anyone been in this situation before?

Talk with the counselors in your financial aid office. There is a limit on the amount of Stafford Loan you can receive (different amounts for freshman/sophomore and junior/senior years (a maximum cap). There is also a different amount for graduate school.

You cannot receive more Stafford loans than is limited by the cap. However, your financial aid office may be able to suggest non-federal loans or private loans.

Specializes in Geriatrics.

Thanks for the information :)

+ Add a Comment