I want to attend a NAP, any suggestions?

  1. Is there any place in Minnesota that has a cheap fee for taking a nursing assistant program? All the ones I've researched is $625 and unfortunately, I don't have that kind of money. Isn't there a place for me to go get trained without paying a fee? And is there any places in the Twin cities that allow students in the program to get paid while being trained at the same time? Just curious, let me know :wink2:
  2. Visit yangkchoua profile page

    About yangkchoua

    Joined: Aug '06; Posts: 38; Likes: 1


  3. by   mom2cka
    are you eligible for financial aid through a community college? That's how I did mine... I never did work as a CNA, but did hear that if I were to have gotten a job within a certain timeframe of certification that I'd be reimbursed for the cost of the program - that may or may not be true, but it's a possibility. Good luck!
  4. by   Spazzy Nurse
    I got my CNA years back through a LTC facility. It was in WI, but I have seen advertisements in the Cities for similar. Maybe do some calling around to LTC facilities?
  5. by   Pbelle
    You can attend classes for NA at Anoka Tech, MCTC or Hennepin Tech. They are all part of MNSCU, and have student loan/grant/scholarship programs in place. I honestly don't know of a program that is 'free', but if you want to be on the registry in MN, you'll have to pass both a written and practical test out.

    I took mine at Anoka Tech, and it is also a prerequisite for most nursing programs, both LPN and RN.

    Good luck!
  6. by   jujubeelyn
    Hi there. I took my NA course 3 years ago and then started nursing school and dropped out for personal reasons. I'M BACK! I have had to take NA classes again (this was day 2 of clinicals.) I have learned about a law in MN. I have no idea about other states... just ours. If you take a NA course and co on to work in a LONG TERM CARE FACILITY (it has to be LTC) for 90 DAYS then you will be re-imbursed for your tuition and books. KEEP YOUR RECIPTS! If you can put your tuition and books on a credit card and work LTC, you can take the class for the price of credit card intrest for a few months.

    In order to get financial aid, you must be a full time student in most cases.

Must Read Topics