Jump to content

looking for sponsor in NJ


Hi Can somebody give me some ideas about the hospitals or any institution that will sponsor me for a working visa here in NJ. I just passed my NCLEX last May 3rd and currently I am a holder of a working visa for a health educator; I learned that in order to practice nursing I need to get somebody who will file for a petition for me to work as a nurse. Thanks! Really apprciate if somebody will help me.

Silverdragon102, BSN

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 33 years experience.

Current job climate may be hard but really only way to find something is contact the hospitals

I'm doing that right now..so just wish me luck. ^__^ thanks for the advice.

Ginger's Mom, MSN, RN

Has 41 years experience.

What kind of visa does a health educator get? Why not take the job your visa is for?

It's the working visa the H1B but the according to the immigration for another employer to hire me they need to apply for a different petition specific for the job.

Ginger's Mom, MSN, RN

Has 41 years experience.

Do you have a master's in nursing? Or many years of nursing in a speciality? That is the only was to get H1b in nursing.

Health educator is a good job. With retrogression you will be waiting many years to get a green card. Hospitals are not sponsoring due to the long wait and availibilty of us nurses.