Licensed Missourian Nurse wanting to get a Kansas Nursing License....

  1. help please!! would it be feasible to have a missouri compact license and a kansas license? i want to get a kansas license but by having that, you have to do 30 hours every 2 years of mandatory cpe training. i am not saying it is a bad thing or nothing like that (it's great). i am just wondering how a person would get notified of up coming cpe sessions? i talked with the kansas board of nursing and they said they do not send anything out to notify a person/nurses of cpe sessions. so how does one find out about them??

    thank you,
  2. Visit NurseLil-lea profile page

    About NurseLil-lea

    Joined: Jul '08; Posts: 431; Likes: 88


  3. by   BluegrassRN
    The CEs are just whatever approved continuing education you typically take. Most CE offerings through hospitals are approved. Online CE sites tell you which states they are approved in.
  4. by   elkpark
    Of course it's feasible -- you can hold as many licenses as you're willing to maintain.

    Many facilities, on-line sites, and professional organizations provide CE offerings, many low-cost or free. It's not hard to come up with the required number of hours, and it's not hard to find opportunities. Every place I've ever worked has had a bulletin board where brochures and flyers about upcoming conferences, seminars, etc., in the area were posted. Also, lots of facilities offer their own in-hourse CE presentations.
  5. by   NurseLil-lea
    WOW, thank you BlueGrass RN and elkpark for the invaluable information on where to get information on CE courses. I feel more confident now to retain a Kansas License and having to take CE courses.

    Thank you,