Transferring CNA Certification.

  1. Hey guys!! I'm 18 and I'm currently training to become a CNA in the US. I go to a career school and have clinicals at a nursing home twice a week. I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to transfer the CNA license that I will get to England. I plan on moving over there sometime after graduation to live with my boyfriend. I will be certified through the state of Indiana and I just wondered what the process would be. If anyone knows please let me know!!

  2. Visit redhead31293 profile page

    About redhead31293

    Joined: Jul '11; Posts: 25; Likes: 2
    CNA; from US


  3. by   ayla2004
    oaky you have a certifcate not a license. We don't cert/license/register nurses aides the same way so no you can't,
    Get your RN and then you can.
  4. by   babyNP.
    What kind of visa are you going to enter on in the UK? Do you have EU/UK citizenship?
  5. by   XB9S
    There is no way to transfer you CNA licence to the UK.
  6. by   SentimentalGeek
    Moving to the UK is very difficult unless you are already a British citizen, are married to one, get a student visa to go to a university, or have a degree in a shortage occupation. If none of those scenarios apply to you, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm a dual British/American citizen who went through the UK immigration process before naturalising and from the time I first started out in 2006 until present immigration guidelines have hugely changed. If you are interested in becoming a nurse perhaps you could apply to a UK university and get a student visa. There is no way to transfer your CNA certificate to the UK.
  7. by   SentimentalGeek
    I just noticed you said you plan to move over to live with your boyfriend. This will only be possible if you apply for a (very expensive) resident visa. At the time I went over an unmarried partners visa may have existed (can't remember now) or there is a fiancee visa (which assumes you will get married within 6 months of moving over) or a spouse visa for couples who are already married. You must be able to prove you have sufficient funds for the move and will be able to support yourself (NO access to public funds). They usually like to see a substantial amount of money in savings or assets. This takes a lot of time and planning, you can't just "move to England". If you enter as a tourist they will stamp you for 6 months. If you overstay or attempt to take up any kind of work whilst on a tourist visa, they can deport you and ban you from entering the country for 10 years. Make sure you do your research.
  8. by   stuckagainonnights
    when can we implement this in the us
  9. by   SentimentalGeek
    Actually...we have! We moved back to the US last year and my British husband had to jump through lots of hoops and pay lots of money (and get vaccines, a chest X ray and more) in order to get a resident visa. It's hard for the people who do it legally. Unfortunately doesn't stop the illegals anywhere and makes it completely unfair for the law-abiding people who pay the price. Media sensationalism would have us believe otherwise, but it actually is incredibly difficult to enter the US (or most other places) as a legal permanent resident.