NCLEX&Working in US

  1. Hello Suzanne,

    I am foriegn educated nurse currently in US in H4 visa status(Depended,not a work visa).I have registered with NMBON and cleared NCLEX last month and still I have not received my Licence.Do you know how long it takes to get my licence?I dont know anybody experienced or not ,getting a response from NMBON over the phone is like a winning a lotto!.One time i spent 6 hours continously kept calling one or other number which is published in the website.still didnt get success .

    My second question is if any one of the hospital ready to take me as staff nurse after verifying my licence and processing my temp working visa, still it is fine without passing IELTS/TOFEL?

    I would appreciate if you could clarify my queries at the earliest.

  2. Visit sebastianm profile page

    About sebastianm

    Joined: Jan '06; Posts: 6


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Always better to ask questions for Suzanne in her sticky near the top of the main page on this forum titles Questions to ask Suzanne.

    I am not sure if you can get a work permit at the moment due to retrogression, would also suggest doing a search as I am sure this has been asked recently
  4. by   suzanne4
    There is a retrogression at the moment and you will be unable to work until there are visas, there are no temporary work permits for nurses. The only thing that is available for you is the green card. When visas are available, then you will be able to get an EAD after going thru the intial process for the AOS and then be able to begin work.

    A US Nursing license is not permission to practice in the US, you need immigration approval to do that.