Moving from UK to the US?

  1. Hi Everyone!

    I was wondering if anyone here could offer me some advice?
    I am a second year Child Branch DipHE student, I would like to transfer to degree pathway in my third year. Overall I want to make the move to the US. However i know that my child branch program will not be recognized in the US.
    I would like to be able to move as soon as possible, and wondered whether it would be worth training in a US nursing school once i have finished my training here, or to top up my training to adult nursing then to try and relocate? Am i right in thinking topping up to adult branch can take up to two years.

    Thank you for taking the time to read my post, I would be very grateful for any advice that could be offered.

  2. Visit clueless8556 profile page

    About clueless8556

    Joined: Oct '09; Posts: 3


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    You are aware of retrogression and the long wait you will have to get a visa allowing you to live and work in the US?

    I think you will find it hard to transfer across to the US and train as the US trains differently to the UK and you will have International fees to pay plus training in the US will not make it any easier or quicker to get a work/immigrant visa.

    moved to the International forum as per the red banner as you are asking about issues not of the UK (ie working in the UK)
  4. by   clueless8556
    Thank you very much for the reply.
    Yes, I am aware that it may be extremly difficult to obtain a visa and it will take a long time. Its just hard to discover what options are available to me, no one in the careers department in my school seems to know. The information regarding the training was very helpful, thank you.
    and sorry for posting my thread in the wrong place, thanks for moving it.
  5. by   5cats
    I would finish the training in the UK, so you at least have one finished education and a degree. What you could do then is getting your education assessed to see what's missing and go from there.