i need an Advise: please help

  1. Hi! its me..

    i just need help from people who experience a fiance visa
    the reason why i'm asking this is beacause i cannot work in Kentucky as a nurse not unless i'm there and go to the next step....

    first thing is i need some info whre should we file for the application for fiance visa is it here in the Philippines or in US? (i'm a Filipina and my fiance is an American) . We aare hearing different stories abt it maybe you can help...

    Thank you in Advance..

  2. Visit countmein1981 profile page

    About countmein1981

    Joined: Jun '06; Posts: 16


  3. by   am17sg05
    i think the best thing to do is to seek legal advice.your boyfriend is an american so he could get some help here when it comes to requirements.i am saying this because sometimes, because there are a lot of hearsays, you don't do it right.things change also so the best people to ask are those who know the ins and outs legally speaking.goodluck!
  4. by   suzanne4
    Normally, the fiance visa is applied for when you are still in the Philippines. And when you get to the US, you will have exactly 90 days to get married in.

    But I suggest that you start the process now of licensure for Kentucky, it is not an aoutomatic thing and will take months to get done.
  5. by   joannp
    if you're still in the Philippines then your US Citizen fiance would need to file I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiance(e)). Goto http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-129f.htm to download the form. Tell him to read http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/fiance.htm (How do I Bring My Fiance(e) to the U.S.). There's also a forum that deals with different issues facing a petitioner http://www.visajourney.com I'm on fiancee visa myself and just got my approval 2 weeks ago and now awaiting for my interview date. I applied to Vermont BON ahead of time (August) to get my ATT.
    Last edit by joannp on Oct 26, '06