Help a transatlantic nurse wannabe!

  1. I have a complicated situation and wondered if anyone had some insight for me. I am a dual UK/USA citizen who was educated to A level in the UK but has lived for the last 16 years in the USA. I just returned to the UK, and would like to take a degree in nursing. However, I have read that there is some sort of 3 year UK residency requirement for degree courses. Is this true in all cases? Also, assuming I was eligible for a degree place, would it be too late to apply for September 2004 entry?

    Your help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Visit tamar2020 profile page

    About tamar2020

    Joined: Mar '04; Posts: 7


  3. by   suzanne4
    As far as I know you would be eligible for your classes, however, you would be responsible for the full tuition. No government help.
  4. by   bizzymum919
    Very true. There is no time limit if you want to relocate, work and live, but if you want educational benefits, there is a minimum 3 yr residency requirement. There was a time where people would live abroad and send their children to the UK for education and the government sees expats as not contributing to the economy with their taxes therefore some perks are not granted. However you can use the NHS system anytime as long as you are a UK citizen.
    I am in the same boat. That is why I am finishing up all my studies here in the US before relocating back to the UK.