Would it be worth while talking to your TAFE / institution where you did cert 4 - I don't know your area as far as work is concerned - However some of the thoughts that are coming at the moment are
1. Talk to your training institution - it is in their best interest that their graduate gets employed and should be able to give you some directions
2. As you have aged care experience - go for some of the larger nursing homes ins the area - this may be positive for a number of reasons - shows your willingness to work, utilizes and keeps your skills up to date.
3. Ring the agencies in your area and remind them frequently that you are interested in working
4. Also ensure that all the local hospitals - both public and private have your resume - you can always ring them and 'just make sure that the employment officer received it'
5. Also keep an eye on the local paper they may advertise things you miss
6. Also talk to friends from your course other graduate and friends in nursing they may hear of positions
7. Another way to go is to work as a volunteer in an area that you REALLY want to get into - that shows your keenness they check you out at the same time as you check them out
In the current shortage you should find some thing
Also keep an eye on courses such as
Dementia / Psyche
Etc - all these should be run through your local TAFE in the near future - these will demonstrate to prospective employers your willingness to be employed and your interest in learning
As well review your resume - it may be worth while getting a few things worded and your references upgraded etc -
These are just some of the thoughts that pop into my head at the moment
As a person who doesn't employ but advises from time to time - l know how hard it can be - but -be willing to show that you are willing and available - if they call you say yes - when they call you give them your times of availability -- leave them all possible numbers of contact and forgo that night out to work - it goes a long way at the start.
Also ask questions - related to work -- take every opportunity to show everyone that you are some one that THEY WANT to employ
Thinking of you sure you will do well put yourself out their start with the basics, get the experience and show your wares so as to speak
Hope this has helped sorry about my spelling