American Graduate Seeking To Study In The UK

  1. Hello, all! I just graduated from a bachelors degree nursing program in California, and I really wish to earn my graduate degree in midwifery in the UK. I also plan on returing to the States to work as a Certified Nurse Midwife, unless I love it in the UK and end up living there! :spin: Do any of you have any advice for me? If so, please contact me at . Thank you!
    Last edit by Queen2u on Mar 30, '05 : Reason: Typo
  2. Visit Queen2u profile page

    About Queen2u, BSN, RN

    Joined: Feb '05; Posts: 242; Likes: 108
    RN, Mother-Baby; from US
    Specialty: 7 year(s) of experience in Postpartum, L&D, Mother-Baby


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Because you will be classed as a foreign student you may have very large fees to pay. I would suggest getting in touch with the university to where you would like to train and discuss options with them. Bear in mind that cost of living in London is extremely high (as mentioned in other posts) and I would imagine fees would also be high. Training in midwifery all over UK is excellent so plenty of places to see and visit. Also try the NMC website (our governing body in the UK) at