International Course Equivalent

World International



I'm still in high school (Year 11 this year), and I've decided to study "Health Services Assistance" at TAFE. The list of things we study are available here (page 2).

I was wondering what the international equivalent of this would be? It would let me earn money while I am studying Nursing; and this course gives me credit points for when I become an RN. It also allows me to become an RN, without relying on my marks.



Specializes in CTICU.

What do you mean by "international equivalent"? You will have to be more specific with a country etc as they are all different. I doubt there will be any particular equivalent although most countries have unlicensed carers. It's even a painful process to show equivalency of RN training.

I was wondering what I would be called in somewhere like America when I have finished. Would it be something like this?

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Working as a nurse assistant, carer etc may be an option but a lot will depend on which country you are doing your RN training and whether your student visa, if required, allows you to work whilst studying.

Specializes in CTICU.

You would have to do your training in the US to be classified as "certified" NA I believe. There are no visa categories for unlicensed nurse aides though.

+ Add a Comment