How to get interim permit in WA?

U.S.A. Washington


I've looked on the BON website and I can't find information about IP. I will be coming from a different state so I am wondering if that may be a problem. I've already found the info about applying for a license but I understand that may take a while because of waiting for the NCLEX and I'd like to start working before then. Any input is appreciated!

Specializes in SRNA.

You may want to call and ask, but our new grads don't get IPs, as far as I know. They don't work until they're licensed as a RN after they pass NCLEX-RN.

That's too bad :( thank you though! I guess I'll just have a few months of downtime then.

Specializes in SRNA.

I will say that when I moved here from NV to WA, I had my license pretty quickly. Assuming they process your completed application in a timely manner, you ought to have your ATT in no time, and you can schedule your exam and get to work.

I got mine by endorsement, though, since I was already a licensed RN when I moved here. Good luck!

+ Add a Comment