Jump to content

Health Visitor trying to be licensed in Canada!



i am so excited i found this forum and i hope that i will get lots of information.

recently i moved back to toronto, canada and i am looking how to get licensed and work in my profession. i have a greek bachelorette degree of a health visitor. to those who are not familiar with this term i must say that i am licensed to work in greece and give nursing help too! here is also a useful link:http://www.healthvisitors.com/hv/25/508

a few days ago i came in contact with the college of nurses of ontario where every nurse must be registered and after i made my questions they said me that they are not familiar with the term of "health visitor" and that i have to do a credential evaluation assessment in order to find out if the courses i had are similar and enough to become a registered nurse.

my question though is if i have to do this assessment or if it's not useful cause i won't ever be considered as aregistered nurse? the fees that i have to pay are a lot and i do not want to do that without at least earn a few credits and have some more courses in order tobecome a registered nurse.

some of the courses i had are pediatrics, anatomy, physiology, microbiology,surgery, pharmacology, orthopedics, nursing, oncology and many others!!!

i am also refering to the uk nurses cause in uk you have health visitors too and i am wondering if someone can help me!

waiting for your answers, please help me!

kind regards.

Silverdragon102, BSN

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 32 years experience.

Moved to the International forum

UK Health visitors are RN's that did further course work to be a HV