Jump to content

Grossmont Fall 2020

School Programs   (1,554 Views | 13 Replies)
by Blwisdca Blwisdca, CNA (New) New Pre-Student

177 Profile Views; 5 Posts

I know most people are not concerned with the fall semester at this time, but is anyone else waiting to hear from Grossmont for the fall 2020 ASN program? I was biting my nails with the original 2-month wait for a decision, so this unlimited extension on their decision is driving me insane. Maybe it's just my way of over fixating on something other than the crisis at hand. Regardless, I'd love to connect with anyone else waiting on a decision for the fall program.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
by JJ New

7 Posts; 45 Profile Views

Hello Blwisdca,

I'm also waiting for the decision! Did you also apply for SWC ADN? I applied for SWC as well and fortunately I received the letter that I have accepted to ADN program in SWC today. I need to confirm the acceptance to ADN program by May 18. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and confirm the acceptance or wait for the decision of Grossmont ADN program. Do you have any idea which school has better ADN program? 😨

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KatherineAudrianna-FutureRN specializes in Future Nursing Student.

2 Posts; 43 Profile Views

I am waiting to hear back as well. There have not been any updates so far. You are not alone - it is so hard to be patient during this extended time! I will keep checking my email and their website. That's all I can do for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 177 Profile Views

So glad to hear that I am not alone. JJ CONGRATS on getting into SWC! I did not apply anywhere else - all my eggs are in one basket, so to speak. Good luck on making a decision, I don't know much about their program. I keep checking my email constantly - I just want an answer! 

Good luck to everyone!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
by JJ New

7 Posts; 45 Profile Views

4 hours ago, Blwisdca said:

So glad to hear that I am not alone. JJ CONGRATS on getting into SWC! I did not apply anywhere else - all my eggs are in one basket, so to speak. Good luck on making a decision, I don't know much about their program. I keep checking my email constantly - I just want an answer! 

Good luck to everyone!!

Thank you, Bwisdca! 😁 I send an email to Mrs. ****** in Grossmont today and asked when the college would announce their decision and she said "Due to the COVID situation, the processing of these applications is taking longer.  Please check the nursing website for updates since this is where any information and updates will be posted as we get them."

It seems like the nursing program in Grossmont is totally closed at the moment.. and it will take longer to announce the decision then we expected.. 😥 Good luck to you as well!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
by LG_ New

1 Post; 44 Profile Views

On 5/12/2020 at 5:21 PM, JJ said:

Hello Blwisdca,

I'm also waiting for the decision! Did you also apply for SWC ADN? I applied for SWC as well and fortunately I received the letter that I have accepted to ADN program in SWC today. I need to confirm the acceptance to ADN program by May 18. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and confirm the acceptance or wait for the decision of Grossmont ADN program. Do you have any idea which school has better ADN program? 😨

 

I’m also in the same situation as you! I got accepted to SWC nursing program but I’m waiting to hear back from grossmont 😩 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Posts; 35 Profile Views

On 5/12/2020 at 5:21 PM, JJ said:

Hello Blwisdca,

I'm also waiting for the decision! Did you also apply for SWC ADN? I applied for SWC as well and fortunately I received the letter that I have accepted to ADN program in SWC today. I need to confirm the acceptance to ADN program by May 18. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and confirm the acceptance or wait for the decision of Grossmont ADN program. Do you have any idea which school has better ADN program? 😨

 

Hi JJ, same here. I also got a spot at SWC. I was hoping as well Grossmont would let us know around the same time but it’s not looking like it. It seems like they’re behind and their classes are canceled. I do not want to risk it at all either, I’m most likely going to take the spot at SWC since we have to answer by Monday or our spot gets given to someone else. I only applied to those two. Either college, we’re getting our ADN and I prefer to get straight to it, even with online classes SWC is offering. I was leaning more towards Grossmont (I heard it’s the better program) and because I’ve always gone there but it’s decision time. 

Edited by Izzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
by JJ New

7 Posts; 45 Profile Views

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Hi JJ, same here. I also got a spot at SWC. I was hoping as well Grossmont would let us know around the same time but it’s not looking like it. It seems like they’re behind and their classes are canceled. I do not want to risk it at all either, I’m most likely going to take the spot at SWC since we have to answer by Monday or our spot gets given to someone else. I only applied to those two. Either college, we’re getting our ADN and I prefer to get straight to it, even with online classes SWC is offering. I was leaning more towards Grossmont (I heard it’s the better program) and because I’ve always gone there but it’s decision time. 

Hi, Izzy! I only applied to those two schools, too. I really wish Grossmont let us know their decision now but I don’t think we can hear from Grossmont by this week. I can’t guarantee that I will be accepted to Grossmont as well, so I don’t want to wait and take a risk.. 😪 I didn’t take any classes in Grossmont so I know hardly anything about Grossmont, but SWC is familiar and closer to me so like you are planning, I might take the spot at SWC as well. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
by JJ New

7 Posts; 45 Profile Views

8 hours ago, LG_ said:

I’m also in the same situation as you! I got accepted to SWC nursing program but I’m waiting to hear back from grossmont 😩 

Hi, LG! Have you decided if you are going to take your spot at SWC? Or are you going to wait to hear from Grossmont? I don’t think we can hear from Grossmont by Monday.. 😪 Whichever school you decide to go, good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 Posts; 79 Profile Views

Hi there,

I am also patiently waiting to hear back from Grossmont. The waiting is killing me! I have applied to other schools as well and waiting to hear back from them. I do hope I get into a program this fall no matter where, but Grossmont is one of my top choices. Good luck to everyone and hopefully they will get back to us soon! Fingers crossed 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 177 Profile Views

Good luck to you too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Posts; 35 Profile Views

So apparently Grossmont posted this in their nursing program website yesterday. They’re not accepting students for FALL 2020. 

A69A8E50-B307-4A9A-AEF7-FB911A522C40.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.